🔶 Dan Clark Audio Aeon RT

I’ve had good luck with my pair and a DDHifi USB-C dongle for portable use. Like previous posters have said you need about a 1 watt for the full experience but I’d say with the dongle it’s close to 80-85% as accurate as powered off my Asgard 3. 80-85% is still a fantastic experience though.

Unfortunately I can’t use my Pixel 6 phone as a source as it has noise (clicking sound) when I play music thru the USB C. I have to find a DAP that will power the Aeon RT’s directly.

LDAC with my pixel 6 works great and I can’t tell a difference between bt and wired when using the Gryphon.

i dont own any of the things mentioned. but ill say that bluetooth for otg is more then fine these days. if your otg, you wont tell the difference between wired and wireless. modern bluetooth can stream at higher data rates then hifi audio needs. the only thing holding it back, are people.

Hello,
the Ify Hip Dac 2 drives the R/t very well.
With the 3.5 mm plug, the volume pot is somewhat limited, but with the Pentacon it works better.

Apart from that, you can also switch off the Mqa mode on the Hip Dac with the firmware if you want to.

You do need a tablet or smartphone, but the good thing is that it hardly affects the battery of the end device.

With the Dap, I would have said that it is more about the functions that it should bring.
Whether it can stream or not, for example, especially the cheap daps can’t do that.
I would be a bit careful before buying blindly.