Darkvoice 336SE stock power tube is sparking internally and has started to glow blue. Is this bad?

Soooo I decided to turn on my new Darkvoice 336SE and upon firing it up I noticed the power tube start to glow blue and spark internally. How bad is it doc? Is it crippling boneitis or just a simple case of burn that sucker in for X hours and we will be just fine? My electrician brain has told me that its hooped, but would appreciate some help as im new to the tube scene.

Update: Did some poking around and sadly I think its dead Jim. White flakes and sparking seems like its got a vacuum leak.

1 Like

Yes it’s likely a failed tube, you really don’t want to leave it on if that’s the case, if it’s not very carefully fused, you can damage other components.

2 Likes

thanks for the advice @polygonhell ! I am pretty sure this is the case. Ive contacted Drop and hopefully they can send out a replacement 6AS7 power tube.

May be a good time to grab some other tubes for rolling.
All the cool kids suggest that you aren’t going to be using those stock tubes for long.

1 Like

Well what do the cool kids use? I wanna be cool too lol.

1 Like
1 Like

It gives not really good 6AS7G tubes on the market, when yes it is really expensiv.
Better take a look to the 6080 tubes.
6080 General Electric, Mullard,maybe Rca, Sylavania are actually one who many like.
Do you live in the Us?

1 Like

Ill have to take a look into the 6080 line. Also I’m in Canada currently. Thanks for the suggestion @Deleeh!

Oh! these look like good threads to read through! Thanks @Nick_Mimi!

1 Like

Man I had this on my rotation for a while! KRS-One you don’t stop! haha

Knowledge Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everyone

1 Like