Discussion thread on THIEAUDIO HYPE 2/4/10...; THIEAUDIO Prestige LTD/OG and other interesting IEMs

1 Like

Waitinā€¦will be an interesting mano a mano with my Mk3ā€¦

When did you orderā€¦wife ordered

2 Likes

Jasonā€¦I busted your chops on Chrisā€™s threadā€¦just having a little fun

Iā€™m mischievous that wayā€¦ hopefully no hard feelings between us

Happy New Year to you and yours

4 Likes

No worries here, I was just tired of all the negativity that was being spewed by Chris about me and my FG group, and choose not to engage.

I give zero FKS and happy as a clam for it.

Lots of people have open eyes & lost a tonne of respect over the last few months.

Oh and yes I have been approached for colabs but choose to help the hobby with providing feedback behind the scenes instead of trying to make a profit.

But hey everyone needs to eat and feed the kids I get that but letā€™s not kid ourselves and at least be honest and not say colabs are good for the hobby to boost awareness and bring the costing down that smells like BS to me.

The only people who benefit are the seller and the colaberator. Certainly not the average Joe who has to pay the commission with a higher cost built into the price.

Colaberations should be like tuning switches and just go away!

Thatā€™s my $0.02 not sorry for the rant needed to be saidā€¦

13 Likes

Said like a true gentlemanā€¦respect :handshake:

2 Likes

I preordered on Nov 23rd and it arrived on Dec 26th. It looks like a pretty early production unit, my serial number is 1010.

I definitely agree! Collaboration is not necessary for companies to make good IEMs. Itā€™s just shillers and nothing else. In the last year, things got out of control with the prices of ā€œgolden collaborationsā€, I even stopped following HBB, it smelled like money to me. Lately, every ā€œinfluencerā€ in this hobby is losing their identity, at the expense of more dollars. Yes, everyone has a family, butā€¦ I donā€™t like everything being so money driven, like weā€™re predators. No, this is not for me! :zipper_mouth_face:

5 Likes
1 Like

Everything is always money driven though. You may not like this particular angle used, but you canā€™t fool yourself into thinking all of this isnā€™t about money, because if it werenā€™t there would be no forums with people hunting the next, best IEM like itā€™s gonna change their life.

Weā€™re all here cause weā€™re always chasing the next fix, so thereā€™d always be an angle to hook us in. Not that they need much to do that

7 Likes

Well said I still enjoy the hunt , this CCKLX 1+4 that just came out looks suspiciously like the PULA PA02.

Our group KD bought the Hype10 so looking forward to hearing that one.

Still might pick up a Hype2 but some of theese bangers for $150 are killing the should I spend $249 vibe.

6 Likes

Chifi power creep in a nutshell :joy:

8 Likes

CCKLX wat now?

Welp, that should put a double tap on the brakes for the Pula train.

Maybe more like F@#$k?

1 Like

Have to hear and compare the two I have asked seller more information on the tuner and background of who these guys are as well.

Faceplate Shells donā€™t as fancy but exciting times for sure for the hobby.

2 Likes

Oh aye - just a little good-natured kidding from me.

It does seem that every time I get settled in with a target or a new acquisition something reliably pops up to upset my apple cart, and it feels like that is a common feel, lol.

As an observer on this round, I am enjoying what looks like a favorable shift in price performance ratio. Later this year when Iā€™m ready to dive back in, I look forward to immediately realizing that whatever my choice might be, it will be near certain to be undercut nearly immediately :grimacing: :joy:

Which, of course, will be just fine bc by then Iā€™ll have the GAS3ā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry but I donā€™t get the point of these videos. Mind shedding some light?

Generally speaking - comparing tonality, general assessment of bass and treble as much as possible. These videos are not meant to be a review or serious comparison of two IEMs, but to give some general information. But youā€™re generally right that they donā€™t make much sense for heavy audiophiles with multi-thousand dollar IEMs and sensitive ears :wink:.

1 Like

yeah, it does feel like comparing TV screens based on the recording from CCTV

1 Like

Ccklx???

Typo? Canā€™t find anything with that name

Iā€™m sure TDF can comment with the straight story, but yeah, very mysterioso - only thing I can find is a post on the Chifi Hopes and Driams FB group from yesterday passing on a solicitation from the company for reviewers. Never heard of them or ā€œSliivaā€ the name emblazoned on the iem pictured in the post. Iā€™m not on FB so I canā€™t direct link to the post, but itā€™s on the front page of the public groupā€¦

Did find a Sliiva listing for another +500 dolla iem on AliXā€¦

2 Likes