Discussion thread on THIEAUDIO HYPE 2/4/10...; THIEAUDIO Prestige LTD/OG and other interesting IEMs

No one believes in hype here :nerd_face:. The topic is not only about Thie’s IEMs, but also about other interesting IEMs, but this is far from hype :wink:.
giphy (1)

3 Likes

Here’s something on the " Spend $5000 thread ", hype, hype, hype… :grinning:

Hype,hype,hype… Let’s all get on the bird hype train

:frog: :nerd_face: :nerd_face:

Now seriously, I don’t believe there are people that stupid to still believe in hype! Enjoy life.

6 Likes

hahaha, kinda like this.

18 Likes

Riku, didn’t you say that the venting was poorly implemented on Hype series. Maybe that’s what makes the bass on Hype IEMs not so great??

1 Like

Afaik, they havent shown what type of dual DD setup they actually use in the Hype iems so dunno if that comparison above is valid.

But yes I do think the venting was not done well (pressure build up is the indicator) and the speedy attack/decay of it reminds me of BA bass kinda which I do believe venting can affect. (guess its like a sealed subwoofer vs ported one.)

1 Like

Im curious what you think about the Cincotres in terms of Bass.

H50 is one of my favorite hybrids that I’ve heard.
I must know the config of H60 :star_struck:

I hope they’ve been ambitious. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a tribrid with planar tweeters like the upcoming Dusk 2.

1 Like

I can’t find anything about the h60…is it out or when did it come out. Familiar with most of there goodies. Hope your good Eater

Idk if this was sarcastic or not but I’m assuming based on their naming convention it will be 4ba 2DD

There is no information about the H60 yet, but I guess it will be a retuned H50. It would be good if they change something in the configuration.

As for Hype Series DDs, the H2 has some of the best bass I’ve ever heard. They just went with the Mon MK2 approach for more sub-bass and cleaner mids. Amp up the H2 well and it will thank you with very good sound. :slightly_smiling_face:

For money … maybe :nerd_face:

2 Likes

I have the Cincotres since friday, the bass on the Doscinco is much more to my liking. They fit perfectly to my library. Nonetheless I still dig the Cincotres, a more “correct”, less fun, mid bass scooped tuning. Reminds me of the Variations.

Here’s my totally subjective genre table:

The Doscino’s three killer features compared to the Cincotres:

• Bass never ever sounds lacking. They always have enough meat on the bone

• The Doscinco, due to it’s higher bass level over the upper mids provide more space to crank up the volume when the need arises

• When listening to tracks with deep, alternating and breathing bass lines, especially Drum 'n Bass and Dubstep, they simply sound epic. Mid bass scooped sets have a serious flaw in this regard.

In the end they complement each other very well and I don’t regret purchasing both. Despite all the points mentioned the Cincotres still has that isobaric flair in the sub bass range.

25 Likes

Yes!! this is the comparison i was waiting for. Tanks brother.

5 Likes

DnB is so great for diagnosing IEM’s - you got the rumbling basslines, crispy hi hats and snares, add in some vocal / synth melodies and you’ve got a full combo meal right there :pizza::hamburger::taco::fried_egg::hotdog::ramen::green_salad:

edit: haha just peeped the Aphex twin tshirt in ur pic too, based as fuck

7 Likes

maybe he is Richard David James :scream:

1 Like

vs

219(190)USD vs 699(599)USD
Stop polishing the image of this expensive garbage. The EA1000 is miles ahead of it at 1/3 the price. :angry:

5 Likes

How is the upper mids an treble in the Cincotres compared to Doscinco? Do vocals and instruments breathe more, sound more natural?

That’s hard to answer. I have to be the relativist here. What is natural? The short and easy answer is yes vocals are perceived more clean, nuanced and detailed. But is this more natural? I don’t know.
If the question is about a solo singer with their acoustic guitar yes the Cincotres sound more natural.
If we add more and more instruments to the mix it gets harder and harder to answer. We seldom listen to music in an isolated frequency band. Sorry for the indecisiveness but it is really hard to answer.
If I listen to Drum n Bass with the Cincotres, I’m like, no this is not how I experienced LTJ Bukem in the club that one time.
If I listen with the Doscinco to Eric Clapton Unplugged, I’m all like, no this is not how I experienced him at that live concert that one time.

5 Likes