Do You Believe in Burning In Headphones?

And headphones are just tiny speakers :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well, it seems we have found the answer lol. The main question here shouldn’t be if burning in headphones exists, but if it makes a significant impact on the sound. This really just depends on the headphone tho, there isn’t a real definitive answer. Like 90% of the time mental burn in will play the larger role

2 Likes

For the people that think burn in is a thing…will you be buying these audiophile rocks as well? http://audiophile.rocks/obscurum.html

xD

Also yeah, measurements before and after burn-in… “science” tells you burn-in doesn’t matter… “science” also tells you JDS Atom and Liquid Spark amps and THX amps should sound absolutely exactly the same because they both measure dead flat 0dB from 0 to 20 000hz+…

…but since I’m here I know the Liquid Spark apparently sounds warmer and (some?) THX amps apparently sound clearer.

The site seems genuine, I wanted it to be satire lol. Shout out to https://downloadmoreram.com/

It depends. What is the burn-in time for these rocks? :face_with_monocle: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

that is a gross misrepresentation of science considering there are more measurements you left out, such as THD + Noise, Jitter, etc.

1 Like

is THD + Noise + Jitter + Frequency response (etc.) absolutely exactly the same before and after burning in headphones, then?

1 Like

By the way, how pissed off is Audioquest that they didn’t think of those audiophile rocks first?

1 Like

yes, if the source remains unchanged.

When I put an anime figure on top of my dac, things just sound better for some reason. It might be because it improves my mood, because I’m looking at stuff that makes me happy, or it is physically interacting and helping to burn in my dac :crazy_face:

Even if I had a thing for pretty rocks and such, I don’t think I would pay $2000-$10,000 for a rock that looks like it’s in the shape of literal shit. I mean, what is this even I don’t…

4 Likes

Is it red? It will go faster if it is red!

3 Likes

It’s more that current scientific methods aren’t the best for subjective things in some cases lol

1 Like

Audioquest cinnamon cables enters the chat and says hold by beer. xD

Actually maybe the most important measurements for before and after burn-in would be CSD measurements? :face_with_monocle:

I thought that it might actually smell like cinnamon, and I think that would be a subjective improvement to sound quality, definitely.

2 Likes

I think CSD is very important…but it doesn’t tell the whole story. Just like a Raw FR and Compensated FR will show differences.

I can smell the sounds! these mids are sooo sweet!

1 Like

Coming soon in Colorado and Canada: Audioquest Weed Cables.

2 Likes

Hmmm. Interesting. Perhaps I should try that out. I could perhaps use a tiny desk Nanachi lol

2 Likes