Dolby Atmos vs SBX Scout Mode vs SXFI vs 7.1.. which could be the best option?

I’ve been told that those are the things that would make my game performance better. I’m planning to get a T1 3rd gen (or 2nd gen) which suits my music preference. I want to know which one could be the best for gaming. Thanks.

Hello,
With the T 1 you have only stereo even when playing.
Everything you see on the gaming market in headphones is just pure generated stereo which is sold as Dolby and so on.
And that is mostly quite poorly done.

Here there is a pure gaming threath there you can look purely the user Falkentor has dealt with it more intensively.
Maybe you will find more there.

If it would run very stupid you might need two headphones one for gaming and one for listening to music.
When I was still playing games, the headphones that were designed more for music were somewhat less suitable for this.

What platform do you actually play on?

Oh… I play on PC. Then is it best to get a better DAC/AMP than these?

lol wut? who in the world told you that 7.1 would make your performance better? No offense but the honestly have no clue what they are even remotely talking about. That niche crap 9 times out of time destroys the sound quality and ruins your imaging… especially on headphones with a very large soundstage as it is. Skip that crap. Your fine with the 2nd gen just make sure you have an amp and dac to support it. Skip 3rd gen it’s bad for competitive by a long shot as it’s quite a bass cannon

1 Like

Hmm… then are there alternatives to the SBX G6? The software looks quite cool, which is the reason I can’t move on…

Niche, has a mic input, has voice morph, 7.1, etc etc etc. It’s good as a dac so you can just buy an amp with it if you really want… I will let you know the g6 actually can and will power the T1.2, just not to the best quality(of course especially due to the scaling of the T1 to begin with).

I can verify that they will run them as I own the g6 just so nobody gets confused on that claim… was testing with it earlier as I got one for someone as a christmas gift.

Maybe I’ll look for an AMP then… Will the THX 789 do?

I do not, ever, recommend a thx amp with a beyerdynamic headphone. THX amps are more on the anemic side and tend to make beyers even brighter causing them to go into full blown sibilant territory. 789 is $300 at that price you can snag a lake people(not tested myself but it gets quite the recommendation from those on here as a good option) and the asgard 3(love this amp personally).

Hmm… then what are other options? If I move on to another price bracket, could the iHA-6 do?

asgard 3 would work, lake people would work, IFI zen can will work(will be best using balanced cables in this regard), IHA-6 ehh debatable? It’s very neutral very transparent and uncolored I would think it’d work but I would think there would be better alternatives…

If you want a whole slew of amp/dac options I would suggest asking someone like M0N or one of the others here who has much more experience on that front… they should be able to steer you in the right direction better than I can.

I’ll also look for that. I just hope that Creative should make new products…

Well creative makes new products every year so?
They make stuff for people who think and say stuff like this:
"surround gimmicks make my game performance better"

So there you go.
You probably meant they should make better audio or audiophile stuff. but they don’t.
Would cost too much for the large target audience (kids and young people), would not buy them. They would be too poor or bad for the audio in mind gamers.

yeah, g6 is probably the best amp from them, not going to bother counting that buggy piece of junk speaker amp/dac they have,… x3 is decent as well. Both definitely don’t provide audiophile quality but at the very least g6 is a nice dac in it and can power 600 ohms. It’s not a bad option for a gamer on a budget. Granted, 7.1 from my experience just destroys the sound qualities of headphones like T1 and others that already have a rather expansive soundstage, just does not go well

If you have anything just go with dolby Atmos it’s not the greatest but it works