šŸ”· Drop THX Panda

Seems my Pandaā€™s (original IndieGogo contributer) just died on meā€¦ :confused:

They just shortly light up white and off again when trying to power them on.

Seems like itā€™s a pretty widespread issue:

I have been pretty happy with them for ā€œ(home) office useā€ since I received them and have used them for many, many hours daily/weekly since receiving them about a Year ago.

Havenā€™t really used them for music more than a few short listens as I wasnā€™t impressed and preferred a lot of my other headphones/IEMs.

I have contacted Drop but if anyone has any ideas (nope, I havenā€™t gone through the whole thread yet) let me know as Iā€™ve had to resort to using an old pair of JBL E55BT and thatā€™s quite a downgrade for Teams/meeting usage at leastā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dead battery perhaps? AFAIK, it isnā€™t end-user replaceable, but I could be wrong.

I have two sets of the Panda, one that I have at home for outdoor walks and one I keep in my car for when Iā€™m on the road and knock on wood, both have been fine thus far.

The only issue I had was with the second set I purchased the nipple was unresponsive/unpredictable in the directions to change tracks vs. change volume. Drop swapped it out for a new set without any problems.

Jup, that seems very likelyā€¦ :slight_smile:

Mine had the same problem were it wouldnā€™t turn on and just blick white.

Contacted Drop and they swapped it without question.

1 Like

Thatā€™s nice to hear.

I wonder if theyā€™ll pay for return shipping (EU) too?

Also, hopefully theyā€™ll mark it properly so I wonā€™t have too much trouble with customs when the new unit arrives, hopefully.

I had a similar issue and the battery was fine. I had to re-flash the firmware and reset it to fix it.

You can flash the firmware using the tool on their site and resetting it by holding down the nub button for a certain amount of time. Itā€™s listed in the manual.

The software is really holding down this headphone.

Itā€™s worth trying this out before going to the hassle of sending it back.

1 Like

Iā€™m in Switzerland and they paid for the return and i had no shipping or costum fees to pay for the new one.

I did try to flash the firmware many time, reset it and also let the battery completely die to reset. Nothing works.

1 Like

Theyā€™ve just told me that they have no stock so they can offer either $20 USD if I can live with only using it wired (hell no!) or a full refund (excl. taxes of course) with a pre-paid shipping labelā€¦

Since Iā€™ve used it for almost a Year I think thatā€™s a small price to pay (i.e. the tax I paid when importing it) so Iā€™m probably getting a refund and buying something else.

Iā€™ve tried resetting it and wiping the firmware but itā€™s not even recognised at this point so itā€™s pretty dead it seems.

EDIT: Just shipped it back to the U.S. for a full refund (minus import fees/taxes of course) - prepaid UPS label and very clear instructions - Iā€™m impressed by Dropā€™s customer service! :+1:

1 Like