Drums and.....and

Bass…drums…and… Happy easter :purple_heart:

Whoever wants more can turn off the vocals :grinning:

Here’s one for you @JAnonymous5150 some things I find similar :man_shrugging:

Lazy - Deep Purple - YouTube and

Edit John Lord with his Hammond :ok_hand: defo up there with the jazz fusion dudes.

PS I meet him and he was one tall dude RIP.

3 Likes

Ever since you posted that Cobham video I’ve been exploring his discography for the first time in a while and he recorded aome absolutely great material. He has a huge catalog and I’m yet to run into a bad album. Spectrum is obviously a highlight, but he has put out plenty of other albums that feature some top shelf drumming and some awesome musicians on other instruments. So far, it has been very cool going through his work. :metal::sunglasses:

4 Likes
2 Likes

Rich Vs Roach is an all-time classic and a must hear for drummers. I mean, the technique/chops displayed by both of these guys are crazy ridiculous. :metal::sunglasses:

I love that this thread exists and I loved checkin’ out all the vids everyone posted. :+1::sunglasses:

1 Like

:exploding_head:

3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

I thought I had posted this already. Another amazing talent.

3 Likes

Senri’s mentor, Kozo Suganuma, who passed away in 2021.

Kozo and his students. Satoko is his daughter.

Kozo teaching 5-year-old kid drummer.

2 Likes

Thanks for that bit of information. I have never connected that Kozo was her mentor. :+1:

1 Like
1 Like

My favourite metal drummer and one of my favourite drummers.

His first solo album is a quite interesting one.

2 Likes

Another favourite drummer of mine.

When you play Moonie, go loony!

2 Likes

Great stuff. Great energy. I can’t believe that cymbal fell over like that! He didn’t even flinch. What a pro!

1 Like

I figured this would be the appropriate place to put this. Check this out!

Amaze balls! :muscle:t2:

72 years young Carl :drum::long_drum::oil_drum: :fire: @JAnonymous5150 the old boy still hits hard :+1:

5 Likes

Carl Palmer is one of my favorite drummers of all time. I mean, the guy practically invented modern progressive drumming and, by extension, laid the foundation for much of the harder rock and metal genre drumming styles that are prevalent as we speak. There are very few drummers who have had that kinda impact on the direction of modern drumming and yet, the average joe on the street couldn’t even tell you who he is. Freakin’ legendary! :metal::sunglasses:

I’ve always wanted to meet him or see him live, but I’ve never gotten to.

3 Likes