Dual Mono Set Up

DT150 cable showed up while I was riding my motorcycle.

The DT150s sound great & they’re super light. 250ohm closed back, old school, but not clanky or squeaky.

DT150 are not as light as 599SE. The DT150 are also giving me hot ears compared to the 599SE. My ears are fully surrounded/enclosed by the DT150 earcups.

1 Like

Balanced signals require 2 pins: Signal and inverse Signal (= same signal, but upside down).
The third pin (= shield) is kind off optional.

I had them on my wishlist for a while. Maybe a purchse for christmas?

Since current setup mentioned.
Any new thoughts how to proceed with the plan in First post?

To actually make it work or more power and have Mono amped and maybe even fully balanced all the way.

Well, this has been pretty interesting so far. Somehow in all the back and forth I forgot something… why is this being tried again? I guess I have lost sight of what the potential benefit of this setup would be over, say, just buying a high-quality amp and being done with it? If it’s just for the sake of running a unique experiment, OK I guess. I will say that I feel like that is a pretty expensive experiment! But hey, it’s all good. Best of luck with it. I am anxious to see what the final result is.

Just like there is no need to modify headphones. Just buy good headphones. Your argument makes a lot of sense.

People putting shade on a Singxer SA1, have never heard it, or they’re so deaf to treble they need an amp with a hyper treble boost or V shape response, which the Singxer SA1 is not.

1 Like

I tend to agree on the SA-1. I feel like the SA-1 is a fine amp. I happen to love mine. Are there better amps out there? Of course there are. But the price to performance aspect of this piece is kinda hard to look past. All I can say is that it’s workin for me! If/when it goes, I’ll make the next jump up which I am trying to save up for now. I am certainly in no hurry.

As for the project, I am in no way trying to bash the effort. In fact, I think it’s cool that you are stepping up and trying something different. If it works, fantastic! If it doesn’t, at least you gave it a shot. Again, I am anxious to see what the final result will be.