Either My Situation is Unusual or I am just not familiar with Possible Solutions

Well, I think I was right in thinking I should have a flexible “budget” to spend - because out of the gate I chose a pair about double the amount I intended to spend UNTIL the descriptions of the “input” (or lack of) limiting the “options” for any possible additions - then I paused.

To investigate if that was true I came across more information about their “sound” and I smacked myself on the forehead because I don’t think I would have liked them at all.

Now - I feel like I’m back to the drawing board and I still am of the attitude that I don’t want to linger on the fence for weeks or even days…I want to be pretty decisive and go after it.

What Were The Speakers I Was Set to Buy? - - Klipsch The Fives

• I thought they had a “BIG” sound that made you not suspect they were “powered” speakers and that it was a good “full” sound.
  • I overlooked the point of the “horn” port. I really don’t think I would be happy AT ALL with the sound produced using the “horn” port setup.
  • I must have confused them with other speakers I looked at that had several different possible connections on the back since I learned my only real input option was for “phono” and how limiting that was for any possible future growth - no matter how incremental.

Someone initially recommended the Reference Line - but since they have the “horn” port setup I believe I’m going to pass on that. They also recommended the Polk Audio TSi200 with either some $600 or a $200 Receiver.

I feel like hoisting a tiny little white flag and saying…“help”… :smile: