đŸ”¶ FiiO FD3/FD3 Pro

I think there is something very wrong here. Less detailed than a 20 usd kz and lack of treble extension? Absolutely no way

2 Likes

Reading the gadgetgod 's review and comments like these makes me sometimes think we actually heared different iems. But I can’t think of an explanation:

• what is the chance of both sides of my FD3 sample being defect in a way to give a coherent sound nonetheless? Doesn’t seem likely
  • I tried the FD3 on different sources
  • I did fiddled with the eq a bit and they definitely sounded better with eq on, but when the eq was off, it sounded like a muddy mess

So I have no clue what could explain the discrepancy except individual hearing and preference.

1 Like

You are listening to the fd3 instead of the fd5 for one thing.

I liked the FD3 as a product
 the fit was good, the optics and haptics were great, I liked the cable, a lot of accessories
 but the sound was terrible imho. Far too bassy
 less details, then on a 20$ KZ/CCA
 despite the lack of treble extension it somehow managed still to have sibilance.

I think there is something very wrong here. Less detailed than a 20 usd kz and lack of treble extension? Absolutely no way

You are listening to the fd3 instead of the fd5 for one thing

I don’t quite get your point. So are you saying my experience is compatible with yours after all? Did you say my description doesn’t apply to the FD5? Because I never made a statement about how the FD5 sounded, so I am confused
 however my experience with the FD3 is very different - almost opposite of gadgetgod’s.

Have you heared the FD3? If so I would be interested in your comparison with the FD5.

EDIT: Just to be clear
 i never heared the FD5 - I just assume it is similiar enough to the FD3 to group them together in terms of tonality.

1 Like

I commented because you mentioned me with the FD5.

I have not heard it BUT I have seen people saying that the FD5 is the better one, with better technicalities.

Which is why I dont think you can apply it to the FD5. Especially in the technicalities and the extension department, which is better on the FD5 compared to the FD3 according to some people.

1 Like

Hello friend,

I am also surprised to see your opinion about the FD3. The unit I auditioned belongs to my friend, and he is not an audiophile to start with. He just wanted a set with deep bass, so I suggested him to get the FD3.

Coming to my opinion, I also prefer some deep hitting bass response for my fun sessions, for my critical listening I either use HD650 or Shure SE846(mostly it’s the Shure love its performance). Hope this helps you in understanding my preferences.

Coming to the FD3 now, the only con I found in it considering its price range is its fit. The pair is surprisingly very heavy, heavier than FD5 even. That gives pain to my ears in just an hour of listening. With my Shure’s I have had far longer sessions without any issue. As per FD3’s sound impressions, I know bass sometimes has a boomy signature but I personally find that enjoyable for fun sessions.

Rest assured, I respect your review and impressions too as my personal opinion is everyone hears different, so it is genuinely possible for you to dislike something that I like.

4 Likes

This is true as per me too. FD3 is good for its price segment. Obviously, it doesn’t beat FD5 in terms of extension and staging.

2 Likes

Which tips did you use on each set to get them close to each other?

Anyone own the FD3 and KATO? I was already planning on getting the KATO once they’re more readily available in the US. I was thinking of getting the FD3 as a more musical and fun set while I wait.

I own FH3, Starfield, MELE, H40, EA1, EA3, NO.3.

FD3 worth it or not? I’m sure at least 4 of the sets I own are better with detail retrieval than the FD3 is capable of.

Niestety ale w mojej ocenie fiio FD3 pro jest przereklamowane. Posiadam CCA C12 za 179zl z qudelix 5k i nie wazne w jakiej konfiguracji fd3 ma gorsze wysokie mniejsza rozdzielczosc co ciekawe bas w cca minimalnie potrafi niĆŒej zejsc scena bez roznicy w obu przecietna ale akceptowalna muzykalnosc tez bez jakiejs roznicy cca lekko swobodniej tez jakby graly. Sa to naprawde minimalne roznice ale sa. I to nie tak ze chce te sluchawki skrytykowac bo naprawde dobrze graja a wykonanie jest wrecz wysmienite tylko warto sie zastanowic sam bylem przekonany ze napewno musza zagrac chociaĆŒ trochę lepiej.