FiiO M11 v M11 pro

How about iBasso DX160? It seem to compete directly with the R5 pricewise.
So, DX160 vs R5, any thoughts?

think it was discussed above

Ah right. No Google Play is definitely a bummer.

I have the M11 and there is NO PROBLEM due to the lack of Google Play. I dont need it for anything else than playing music. And getting Spotify downloaded was easy and I choose it due to the 4.4 connector and the screen.
The only reason for me to choose some of the other DAP’s would be the price.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s not a problem for everyone, as the player is perfectly capable on it’s own, I personally just prefer having a couple more options

I wish more daps could do a full watt of power like the R5. I know it’s at 16 ohms but still. If I had a powerful enough dap I could just use it like a portable desktop amp. Anybody happen to know of any other daps like that? I’ve been looking but no luck finding one that comes close.

You could always get an ifi iDSD micro bl and strap on a cheap dap lol

The iBasso DX160 (same price as R5) outputs 6.4Vrms on balanced which equates to 2.5W at 16 ohms. (I use Ohm’s Law calculator)

But you don’t know when the balanced output actually outputs 6.4Vrms, so how did you calculate that number?

From the published specs:

https://penonaudio.com/ibasso-dx160.html

Yes but at what ohm load does it reach 6.4vrms is the thing. The voltage will not be constant

I see. So what do we know from that spec then?

I really don’t know lol. It’s not really a helpful spec

I have probably been wrongly assume that we can just plug in voltage and impedance into the calculator to get power.

If Vrms doesn’t really tell you much then it’s weird that they publish only that, I mean is there something to hide or something.

Well the vrms is helpful but if you have a vrms rating at a certain impedance load

IDK why they don’t have proper power output specs

I looked at Fiio M11’s specs which listed the following:
“Output power 2 ≥550mW(4.2V)(32Ω /THD+N<1%”

When I plugged 4.2V and 32 ohms into Ohm’s Law calculator, I get 551.25 mW, which is consistent to their published number. So I guess can do that also to DX160 numbers? 6.4V at 16 ohms -> 2.5W, or 6.4V at 32 ohms -> 1.28W?

The 1 watt rating is probably closer to what it is, but you don’t know if that 6.4 is the max voltage it can put out, or at a certain spec

Either way that’s a boat load for a little dap. I was assuming 16 ohms as well… But then again wouldn’t that be a lot for iems? I guess they assume you’d be using headphones? idk, seems odd.

Some iems get to that impedance though, but I agree for the most part that it’s not the most helpful

DX160 is on sale at $379

1 Like