Giving up on Modius/Magnius, help me out!

Not sure what you’re referring to…

I thought so too! If somebody wanted both A90/D90 I might take a little more off the price :slight_smile:

Singxer SA-1?
+
Whatever Affordable Balanced DAC these folks say.
SU-8?

Burst your budget a little, but…

1 Like

Anyone have an opinion on the Jotunheim 2 vs the A90? In the same boat where my Magnius won’t ship. Thinking of doing either a Jotunheim 2 + Modius or A90 + Modius.

I was looking at the SMSL SU-9 but the budget kinda drove me to try the SU-8 instead. Not having the chance to hear the two side-by-side, I could not tell you the difference between the two. I can tell you that I am very happy with the SU-8 so far. I like the way it sounds slightly better than the DAC that is in the Topping MX-3, but that is just my ear. For reference, I am running the SU-8 with the DA-8S, not the SH-8.

1 Like

Hello there I ordered my magnius and modius a week ago and the ship date was supposed to be the 31st but I got an email today saying the modius is on back order due to parts being delayed no word yet on my magnius, I honestly think this is the first time I have heard of issues with the audiophile community and the pandemic, I bought the snake oil adapter for this combo so I am going to wait it out and see what happens I am still waiting on my custom cable from hart audio cables anyways before I can use my headphones.

Actually they have had the problem for a little while now…if you watch this - you will see what I mean. I am a huge fan of this company coming right out and telling you what is going on like this.

AKM fire and subsequent shortage, transitioning some manufacturing to TX and the subsequent deep freeze there are challenges, among perhaps others. The demand load this forum produces on them must be another.

Thanks for that video it was interesting, and I had no idea about this. I owned a full 3 from schiit for use with my 598 but I upgraded those to sundara and a ifi zen dac and now I’m waiting on elex and my stack I hope this dac is worth the wait

just wanted to give everyone an update my magnius modius combo shipped today got the email also my focal elex showed up already just waiting on my custom hart audio cables and ill be set for life i hope

1 Like

Why? What is it about the M300 MkII that you prefer over the M400?