Goober's Journey Into the IEM Game or "Why Are You Not As Good As....?"

Nice write up man!

I highly recommend listening to Swashers by Yosi Horikawa on the Ripples. Really blew me away!

4 Likes

DUDE, you should have seen @GooberBMs face when he posted that graph! I legitimately could not stop laughing for a good few minutes, since it was so expressive, lol.

2 Likes

I did legitimately make a :grimacing: face. That’s true

1 Like

Dude, I am soooo using this thread to get my girl to start participating! She posts on head-fi occasionally, but isn’t down for the BS aspect over there. I keep telling her she should drop in here, but I think she views this as some sort of neighborhood treehouse that all the boys hang out at with a “No Girls Allowed” sign on it lol! :joy: Now I’ve got proof that it’s all good! :+1::sunglasses:

8 Likes

…why am I such a freaking trendsetter @Lcg842 ? Oh dear…OHHH DEAR!

2 Likes

She said, and I quote, “Tell her she’s brave, definitely more brave than I am. Also, tell her she’s on her own. I don’t even want to know what you guys get up to over on your internet clubhouse.”

I’m still laughing! :rofl::joy::rofl:

7 Likes

And it turns out we just eat cookies, talk about robots, and listen to music…

Twins Thumbs Up GIF by Acorn TV

8 Likes

Here that, Babe? You’re a bad bitch! :heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::grin:

2 Likes

Haha! I tried telling her it’s just a bunch of jokes a nerdy audio talk with a much nicer “atmosphere” than headfi. I’ll keep working on her. She spends most of her internet social time on a video production and editing discord as that’s her profession, but she is also a head gear hobbiest and has told me before that she would spend more time on head-fi if it was more friendly. That’s literally what HFG is so I’ll get her here yet. I think she just has some form of PTSD from over there.

5 Likes

Robots, you say?

200w

2 Likes

HOLY SHITBALLS, MAN!!!

I have to listen to the whole song, but the first minute. THE FIRST MINUTE!!! THAT WAS SO COOL!!!

I have a big cheesy ass smile on my face. That’s going straight into my testing playlists

2 Likes

Here’s another one for ya, check drifted espech…

2 Likes

also check out “Bubbles” from him

3 Likes

Yeah both of these are in my test playlist!

2 Likes

Wow, Dropping by Yosi Horikawa is the most similar I’ve heard music to a favorite soundtrack of mine.

The soundtrack to Tekkon Kinkreet by Plaid. I prefer it to other work I’ve heard by Plaid, it’s inspired.

If I had to pick out particular tracks:
No, I won’t. You might like different ones.

I think this is the one that most directly reminded me of the Horikawa piece:

Actually hard to find, not all the tracks are on YouTube even, seems you can listen to them on here:

2 Likes

This is stupid! The imaging, the dynamics. Like it fucking sounds like a ball bouncing down a flight of stairs, not a set of sounds that I’m interpreting as a ball bouncing down a flight of stairs because I can assume that’s what it actually is

:astonished: :face_holding_back_tears: :blush:

2 Likes

Jesus Christ, man. I have schoolwork to do today.

You are NOT my friend, sending me this!

(more, please)

2 Likes

A couple of “old’” ones…

2 Likes

This track is fantastic!

(On Serratus - I’m grading!)

Andrew Weatherall for the win.
Two lone swordsmen was also some of his better work.

You guys got me wanting to go listen to old Warp & Planet Mu records now. Used to hang out with that IDM crowd back in the day.

3 Likes