Goober's Journey Into the IEM Game or "Why Are You Not As Good As....?"

Also the food representation is spot on!!

2 Likes

Did you try it without the orings? I left them on as I prefer the deeper fit and wanted you to have some options but they definitely don’t work with some tips

EDIT: Also a great review! I agree with everything you called out out except for me its easily a daily driver. I do not find it too fatiguing or airy so I can listen to them for a full workday no problem (~4-6 hours of actual listening time in one sitting). Im glad you called out it could use more sub bass because people “looked” at me like I was crazy for adding a bass boost on occasion. I think this would work so well with a a Gryphon and the xBass button

Yeah, I listened to them as they arrived to me. So that would be with O-rings on. I had the tips come off 2-3 times when taking the IEM out. Not every time but enough to have to note it

2 Likes

Mmmm that oyster looks delic :drooling_face:

How you find the separation and soundstage btw?

makes sense. I just wanted to clarify that point so people don’t think its an issue with the set itself

1 Like

With all the food analogies, my mind jumped to this meaning onion rings :rofl:

3 Likes

I need to look at getting some other sets out to you man especially the EST50 and I3. I’ve been really diggin’ these two lately and they grew on me. Even if they’re not your style I feel you give them a fair and accurate representation.

@rattlingblanketwoman The EST50 might just go down with the Panda and the UP that will see their deaths in my ears from so much playtime. Thanks for trust taking two payments on these.

7 Likes

I’m really glad they’re being loved, I think they’re the best bass focused set I’ve heard.

4 Likes

I really need to hear this set now!

2 Likes

There’s an EST on sale on head-fi that would have me in my feelings about trying it but I can wait till your/RBWs EST can find it’s way to me.

I think if Up had a little more 6-8k it would’ve been my favorite set in the tour so it’s quality.

I really want your opinion on Juzear 41T. Considering it’s playing in the same sandbox as Serial/41T, I want to get your opinions for the “if your budget is sub-$200, you’ll do fine to buy…” crowd

5 Likes

I tried to be specific there that for the average person’s normal consumption it will not be EDC. Of course, you’re an outlier that it works for so that’s all good brother.

They are very much quality. Not something that I think will BEAT a good hybrid/multi-driver setup but it’s perfectly suitable and competitive

2 Likes

Yet again, right on the money with your review, man. The IE600 is a very impressive IEM, with so much air and high quality treble, I thought they were a winner in my book. I’m sure with some more tip rolling and finding the ideal fit, these could be close to an end game for most people. Supreme technicalities without harshness.

It’s amazing what Senn can do with just one small 7mm driver. I’d say an A grade is probably what I would give it as well, as objectively as I can be.

3 Likes

You can have some more time with them. I’ll leave them with you when I bring the diva over. And that one doesn’t go out to Mags so you can actually work them out some

No no no no, not another set! :sweat_smile: please - let me just soak into the Diva/Monarch/DM A/B mad house sesh - I won’t have much time at all to actually listen these next few days so focusing on just a few is ideal for me.

1 Like

OOOOOOOOkay…

Fine, fine, fine

The IE600 should be going to @MMag05 since he wanted to try them and measure them

Oh. Well fuck you @domq422 and accept! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

LMAOOOO! :rofl::rofl::rofl: that literally made me laugh out loud. Well, since they’re going to mags, I guess - okay then?

If you love the UP as much as I do and now the ISN H50 my two favorite sets.

But the FAN2 is pulling on my heart strings at the moment. I actually am reaching for those more than the U4s…

2 Likes

How how would you describe thr Fan 2 compared to Up and H50? I’m interested in getting a Penon IEM