Goober's Journey Into the IEM Game or "Why Are You Not As Good As....?"

Is that a class A? Does it get hot? Batteries usually don’t like heat.

Yes class A. Indeed batteries do not like heat and maybe that is why it did not work until it cooled off…

but still…less than 2 hours of use is what I got from it (I charged it a few hours when I first got it so it must have been at 100%)…

Well…will do some more testing before I conclude anything but on first impression I say the Little Bear B4X is the clear winner of this trio.

3 Likes

I never picked up the Hexa, but I have the Galileo ( the one from Timmy ) which is very similar. I like that one, so I am thinking the Cinno will hit the spot.

I got the Zero2, and it is pretty good. I also think the tips might be some of the best stock tip options I have seen in a while, with a couple in different shapes. The cable isn’t great, but it is OK for a $25 IEM. I would take the Zero2 over the EW200, but the treble seems a bit more tame.

3 Likes

I have never heard the Galileo but I know for a fact that set would hit me with a cupids bow if I ever did get around to demoing them.

I always felt content with the Hexa and now owning the Sonus & EA500 as well, there is literally no reason for me to get another vocal-centric neutral set under $100 so the Galileo would be beyond dumb to buy. But I’ve heard good things! I can confidently say, I could sell off the EA500 (Fit issues) and the Hexa in favor of the Cinno. I enjoyed that set tremendously. You will enjoy that set for sure, John. Make sure to come back with impressions!

2 Likes

I didn’t realize the Cinno had settled in for you. Well that’s nice lol

3 Likes

I am not hearing to many great things about the Cinno, Love the NUO and very much the Galileo

2 Likes

I’ve introduced it in some quarters where it has been enjoyed. But no, it’s not gonna be a tuning for everyone.

But if I didn’t have enough sets, it would be one I’d like to keep

4 Likes

Listening to the Avaition tonight now after a session with the Kiwiears Melody all I could take was a hour or so.

How’s the treble on Cinno vs Nuo? I find the Nuo’s treble a bit harsh. Not much, but there’s something that gets a little annoying after a while.

Cinno should arrive today it’s been thoroughly burned in already from being shared in the group so I will report back.

The Aviation sounds just ok , A warmer recessed mid-centric set with relaxed top and bottom end. Not my favorite Kinera the Freya 2.0 is a better tuned IEM for me

2 Likes

@GooberBM your dream TWS?

(350 usd)

2 Likes

I got so excited for goob until I saw the price! :sob:

5 Likes

That is relatively cheap for a flagship Final Audio product.

3 Likes

That probably would bop, yes.

Not at that price, for me, though HAHAHA

2 Likes

Amazon UK have a deal on them at the mo…

https://www.amazon.co.uk/final-Empowered-Bluetooth-Resistance-Snapdragon-Black/dp/B0BPYP1F2M/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_w=tRweI&content-id=amzn1.sym.444ba109-cdf8-4a96-9f01-f73a5ebc80ca%3Aamzn1.symc.adba8a53-36db-43df-a081-77d28e1b71e6&pf_rd_p=444ba109-cdf8-4a96-9f01-f73a5ebc80ca&pf_rd_r=TAW02Q4VVW5DK6A1B0T4&pd_rd_wg=dEoRz&pd_rd_r=15b0ff08-cc0a-490a-9c29-25e9c30e5e91&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_atf_m

3 Likes

Not gonna lie, that graph looks quite nice. Very reference-ish with a (slight?) bass shelf.

That Final graph is similar to one of Goober’s favorite iem lol

2 Likes

I love y’all for trying to tempt me, but I’m off the market right now.

Gotta get me some Rikubuds and then I’m good for a while

5 Likes

“And finally, monsieur, a wafer-thin mint.”

3 Likes

Been spending a bunch of time doing a comparison of Simgot EA1000 and BQEYZ Wind.

I’m sorry but I’m going to have to slander some of you out there:

EA1000 eats Wind all the way up. The only caveats I can see for this are if I’m just not picking up the bone conduction well, people who are genuinely treble-sensitive or have darker treble preferences. Besides that, all y’all picking Wind over EA1000 are off your rockers on your copium (in my opinion).

EA1000 and Wind are close in bass and mids, but EA1000 is so much clearer, with better air and resolution, and Wind’s soundstage is like you’re in a deep but narrow hall, and EA1000 has actual headspace.

This is a easy KO for EA1000. You’re tripping if you pick WInd over it.

10 Likes