Good audio reviewers and ones to stay far far away from

His production quality puts whole houses to shame. I swear he makes some of the best looking YouTube content I’ve seen.

1 Like

I hope it doesn’t. He’s a shit reviewer, he sounds like a low-grade marketing pamphlet, he’s always using poetic/flowery sound descriptions and he always lists every superlative he knows about the sound of a new device he’s promoting, like he’s just reading extreme adjectives out of a damned dictionary. It’s like he listened to every YT review he could find just to learn the most impressive words to use and then he just started a “reviews” channel where he talks like the big reviewers but doesn’t understand anything he’s saying and can’t actually compare the sound of an amp vs. a door knob.

He’s one of the worst reviewers on YT, his channel name is shit and he talks so slowly it’s impossible to listen to him at anything less than 1.25x.

But sometimes he comes out with a video about some new cheap-ish device before everyone else, and you can at least get the basic specs of the device from him, so there’s that. Sum total of what he’s good for.

Stong message! Have to disagree while not up there with the best of them I find his passion quite enjoyable and he goes into nice detail

3 Likes

Watched it. Great stuff!

1 Like

and he touched on a subject I brought up a while ago…

1 Like

The guy who made v-modas was saying that it was very difficult to manage. Something about phase and frequency response predictability with multiple drivers in the same chamber…I may dig up the post one day so I can get the actual thing he said because that might be completely off lol
In any case, the 1More Triple Driver over ear kinda did it and so did the SZ2000s.
Didn’t Mitchel and Johnson make some crazy shiznit back in the day that had more than one driver?
Watching the video now though - sounds interesting =D

edit
OK having watched what Zak said, seems like it was along the same line, something about phase issues with different driver types in the same chamber.

1 Like

The stock execution is lacking (requires pad swap) but my ESS 422H show the potential of multi-driver design.

And my AKG K340 would also like a word…

1 Like

Nice.
In fact, don’t some of these gaming headphones employ multiple drivers (razer kraken or something? memory might be off)…
Again, not saying they’re going to sound the best, but obviously whatever the first hurdles are have already been jumped…

edit
It was these apparently: “Tiamat 7.1 V2” and “Tiamat 2.2 V2”

I guess Gutt and Arob have beef now lol. Not sure what is was over possibley Arob destroying the new B&Ws

I’m shocked and appalled to hear this.

Who are they again? :laughing:

1 Like

Dudes aged well lol

4 Likes

Didn’t some shit go down a couple days ago where an interviewee guttenberg had on shat on Robinson’s wife and guttenberg played into it
After he got mad guttenberg made the interview private

I heard about it like 3-4 times all over live streams but nobody actually spelled out what happened. I’m a big fan of kristi but she seems super sensitive to other people’s comments so best for her to remain off camera and out of the yt fray.

Apparently from someone who saw the interview before it got pulled it was some gross, objectifying comments about Kristi and some off hand bit about how women should stay out of hifi and Guttenberg just kind of laughed and went along with it

1 Like

Ah the internet. People always have something to say =)

You can’t ever be yourself, let alone freely express yourself. Wish you could make content and turn off comments, but then there goes your revenue and reach :)))

1 Like

It’s also like the hobby is small and the number of reviewers is few. Small world. Its less energy to not be a jerk or aggressively confrontational about this stuff

3 Likes

Of course it’s less energy, but people love to hate. Leave people’s family alone and stay out of their business.

Some of us are really sensitive to hate. That’s something you have to learn to keep up with, because you simply cannot be an internet personality and be sensitive to negative comments. You have to learn to be numb to it, otherwise you will wear yourself out and just be hurt mentally.

3 Likes

Haven’t seen anyone talk about this channel before, but although it’s more of a channel built for hyping up IEMs, the host Timmy has a pretty nice way of describing sound, comparing IEMs, and evaluating the IEMs by their bass, mids, treble, and price.

Take this for example: