Good close back complement for the Focal Elex

so what’s the closed-back equivalent to the Elex in their comparable price range?

You can sometimes find the Elegia in a similar price range. It’s still Focal sound, but slightly more neutral than the W shape of the Elex. To my ears, it’s more of a mild V compared to the Elex’s more pronounced W. For a closed back, it has a wide stage, sounding closer to open, and has good dynamics.

2 Likes

That’s probably the closest closed back equivalent to an elex you can get lol

1 Like

They’re great fun headphones. It’s not for everyone though, they have a very prominent bass so it’s good to have that in mind. It has great slam and impact, I’ve never heard a headphone hit that hard when it comes with EDM and bassy songs (I still haven’t heard the TH-900MK2). The mids are a bit recessed but it’s clean and the bass doesn’t bleed into it, imo. I didn’t know you were interested, I just sold mine for 600 because I’m saving up for a Verite Closed in the near future, sorry lol

1 Like

Well i’m always looking for new headphones that match what i like. but i’m just interested for now. based on what your saying i think i’ll do some research on these, thanks.

1 Like