šŸ”¶ Grado Ltd Edition Hemp

mmm. I really like his positivity. Sometimes I feel like heā€™s not the most detailed or nitpicky though, so I take everything he says with a grain of salt (even though heā€™s awesome).

Then again, nothing that heā€™s praised that Iā€™ve tried has been bad at all.

Hey @Ohmboy, could you make the title of this thread the Grado Hemp LTD Edition and make it official? Iā€™m gonna need somewhere to discuss these (and probably gush over them) in a few days.

2 Likes

Yes it was a review unit. I posted my impressions at head-fi.

4 Likes

So i guess if you buy these used and they come with a heavy smell of marijuana you cant really complain can you? lol

1 Like

I agree with Guttenberg in his brief description of the 15-year old RS-1ā€¦ makes me trust what he has to say about the Hemp headphones. I sadly can not spend on them any time soonā€¦ and limited edition means I will probably have to skip them altogether.

Always a chance of used ones poping up from time to time, but I have a feeling these will be pretty rare on the used market.

1 Like

Limited is a loose definition for Grado. If you are looking for exclusivity, I wouldnā€™t count on it. They will build as many as they can sell and more.

2 Likes

I hope this becomes a regulate model as it sounds great so far. I read that the $420 price was a very narow margin for them and the price would be more like $470-$500 if it wasnā€™t for the meme. So maybe we will we something like that in the near future and these LTD ones are like an early adopters test run type thing.

1 Like

Wellā€¦ I donā€™t care about exclusivity, truth. I am not sure their limited editions stick around all that much though. Seems like they do too manyā€¦ a lot of those are gone though.

I loved the long-gone HeadFi-2 . Maybe more than the RS-1 even, though that depends on the music playing.

1 Like

They have had plenty of limited editions that they donā€™t produce anymore. The only way of getting them is by buying used.

1 Like

Limited editions mean they will make as many as they can sell and more. ā€œLimited Editionā€ means they will be available for at least a year. I own the GH2ā€™s and they were available for several months before I bought them and for several months after.

And then they stop production.

My guess is that these new one ones will be in production until Christmas and then it will take several months for the dealers to sell all their stock.

1 Like

Thanks to the good people of this forum, I got in under the wire on the Focal Elegia Adorama deal at $429ā€¦ still, do not need more headphones and it was not a prudent blow to my wallet. Otherwise Iā€™d impulse buy the Hemps now! I am reassured by the estimate of at least a yearā€™s availabilityā€¦ will give more time to see reviews and comparisons hopefully. Stop my impulsiveness (which ā€œlimitedā€ is meant to stoke). You have calmed me, Sir. Thanks.

Are you already a Grado fan? By that I just mean have you already heard a Grado? People tend to have a love or hate reaction to them.

Yeah, thereā€™s no need to rush, they will be available for at least a couple months. You can wait for more reviews.

1 Like

I have 16-year old RS-1 (so no ā€œiā€ or ā€œeā€ or, in fact, any vowel at all); I have the Head-Fi 2, aka the Head-F1-2, lol); and the Head-Fi-3. Also some Alessandros, MS-1 . (Have had and heard the SR60s and SR80s , and whatever model number their ā€œstreet phoneā€ was!)

I love the three first-listed. Havenā€™t heard any GH or PS, though the HF-2 was a precursor to the PS500 iirc.

1 Like

Cool! Gradoā€™s are a distinct sound and not everybody gets it. I started out with the SR325eā€™s. I liked the sound, but they were too bright for me. Then tried the PS500eā€™s and they were too flat for me. Kept climbing the tree and ended up at the GH2ā€™s which are Grado perfection to me.

Of course I canā€™t stop looking at the GS2000e/GS3000eā€™s, which I REALLY canā€™t afford. :laughing:

3 Likes

Yeah when I got the RS-1 , I was captivated. I donā€™t think the PS series had been inaugurated yetā€¦ or the GS- or GH- ā€¦ My recollection of Head-Fi culture is that there were a lot of different tastes, but there was broadly a large Team Senn and a scrappy and oppressed Team Gradoā€¦ LOL. For a long time I thoughtā€¦ Sennheiser makes comfortable headphones. Didnā€™t really want to listen to them except maybe to sleep. (I learned to appreciate them later!). Never got over the RS-1 , to this day. And canā€™t afford to go ā€œhigherā€ realisticallyā€¦ but also now have two Focals. So a different landscape altogether ā€” even more so with amps. I feel old. Accurately, I guess.

1 Like

You and I seem to walk the same trails. :smile:

1 Like

CCR and Black Sabbath sound great on these. Maybe its just the honey moon faze but these are defiantly NOT a disappointmentā€¦ sound wise, the cable will need some real tender love and care to get out those kinks and the Grado buildā„¢ is what it is. Canā€™t wait to do nothing but listen to these for the next few days.

1 Like

Youā€™re gonna cost me money dammit :wink:
Seriously, very glad to hear these first impressions, and I look forward to more.

1 Like