Headphone and dac/amp buying

It would depend on preference and use case. 990 is better in performing in fps due to being fully open back and having more treble however its downsides are too much bass, recessive mids, and extremely sharp highs especially in 250 ohm

880 on the other hand is more well rounded but is semi open back. Closer to neutral bass, slightly raised mids, brighter highs but more tolerable levels… you lose out on soundstage and imaging but it’s a more user friendly headphone that also has more versatility with pad swaps and eq

I personally prefer 990 but 880 is pretty even on that… both will work just fine

So the fiio k5 pro and the 250ohm dt880 or 990 should be a good idea?

its passable for what your looking for. Not a fan personally of the amp, but it will do the job for the 250 ohms.

Any dac/amp other than the schiit stacks, luiquid spark or jds? These aren’t available in my country. The fiio, zen dac or zen can, idsd nano is available.

Uhhh… Second hand speaker AMP???

How about a ZenDac and Sennheiser HD560s? Is that available and in-budget for you?

Is a speaker amp better than a headphone amp? The HD560s is available but a little pricier than the 880 or the 990. And I don’t really like the plastic. Does that sound much better than beyerdynamics? The fiio k5 pro just 25€ expensive than the zen dac. For this the zan dac rather than the fiio?

I think it is that much easier to drive than the Beyerdynamics, allowing you to use your amp of choice.
That build is pretty darn durable, though I understand aesthetic preferences.

There’s really no dac/amp that I would like better or anything like that. I want a dac/amp combo that drives a 250ohm headphone nicely. Can the fiio k5 pro do that? Or what other option is there at such a price?

no, it is not. It is designed for speakers… not so much headphones.

extremely subjective… you seem to keep trying to find the “better option” when this entire hobby is based on personal preferences and how we hear things… there is no definitive answer.

zen dac and k5 are both fine… zen dac is weaker than k5 pro less you can use the zen dacs balanced port which requires special cabling… both units can drive 250 ohms. Zen dac is the warmer sounding unit in comparison

yeah, sennheisers are designed with newer drivers and easier to drive ones at that while beyerdynamic has much older drivers and take quite a lot more power to push. Granted, beyerdynamics are built like tanks in comparison to most of the other brands.

k5 is pretty much the budget friendly entry level… considering there is limitations… I would say just go with the k5

Thanks a lot. I’m going with the dt880 and one of the two dac / amp. One of my friends offered me a hifiman he4xx. A little cheaper than beyerdynamic. Is it worth considering, maybe? Or just stay with the beyerdynamic. He offered a fiio e10k with it too. This headphone is not available in my country anyways. And this pack is way cheaper than the beyerdynamic with the fiio k5 or the zen dac. Or the he4xx needs a better amp/dac than the fiio?

E10k is a pretty cheap unit but cannot properly driver 250 ohm headphones and beyond… this also goes for planars that have a different level of impedance such as the hifimans which need quite a bit of power 4xx included

4xx is a headphone that is a more love it or hate it relation in the community… I personally would not recommend this one over the 880… hifiman already has alot of issues… if you were to want one from that brand I would just tell you to grab the Sundara but that one is quite pricey

Yeah. I’m thinking about it because of its price. The beyerdynamic with a dac / amp is € 300, while the he4xx combo is € 160.

I chose the he4xx combo because of its price. I will use it with the fiio first, but it will be replaced with a bigger one sometime. Thanks for the help. I will let you know what’s my opinion.