Headphone recommendations

The LCD2CB is going to be the most fun sounding headphone compared to the other 2. Aeon is down right boring till you get it on a speaker amp and 1540s are boring to me as well. Good luck with the hunt and those are some good choices in amps. I’d also recommend the nietch pietus Maximus if you decide to go solid state.

Dont know how you ended up with that list to be honest none of these would be my first choice (they niche and normally are used to compliment a fuller collection ), but i really hope you find your fit.
I would highly suggest to get them through a seller that has a good return policy since it take a few days of good listening to really get to know a headphone

Also - also most of them are very hard to drive and are pretty amp picky so do A LOT OF RESEARCH before you buy an amp for them - ask people that have tried these specifc combos - Dont look at just stats

P.S. - The LCD 2 Closed im pretty sure is more than 500$ unless its used

1 Like

yea its 899. good advice about the amps. i came to this conclusion based on the reviews i watched and what i want over all, like build quality, trusted company, comfort, custom cables and pads for later on. and im not trying to build a collection. i just one like a one and one sorta thing if i can. mainly im gonna be using them at home on a desk.

boring how so? based on what i understood from the reviews, its a clear sound. which is what i think im looking for. like what the artist intended. this is why i was at first drawn to the dt 1990s. or am i wrong

There’s no dynamics to the aeon till you feed it speaker amp wattage and even then if falls behind other headphones in its category.

yea im gonna stay away from the aeon at this time. you got me confused again about the 1540s though. and the ldcs, upon further research, im noticing some design “flaws” that i don’t like, like glued pads. i wanna be able to change pads. so im back at square one. looking at the meze 109s and some fostex models. i was about to purchase the lcd-x

It’s just more difficult to change pads lol.
109 pro is a great choice bought it 2x lol.
Fostex is also a good choice pretty V shaped sound but stay away from the RP series till you have a very powerful amp as they are also power hungry.
I still own my LCDX, they were the first kilobuck headphone I bought.

first? damn, you got more…lol …how is the build quality and how would you compare it with 109 stock without eq. also are u familiar with JM Audio XTC headphones

Lol I have a collection.
109 is probably the better but as it doesn’t need EQ, LCDX you’ll probably want to eq but out of the box is going to have better bass.
I have a pair of kennerton Gh50s that I think are modded by JM, could be wrong though.

1 Like

you think that elastic band on the 109 pros will be a problem? and is it easy to replace?

Within that price range, I always recommend either the iBasso SR2 or iBasso SR3.

Yep it’s replaceable, meze built them to be able to replace individual parts.

1 Like

im either gonna get 109 pros with custom cables and dekoni sheepskin earpads, the one with the holes, or that jm xtc2. im looking as many aspects as i can on these.

1 Like

the 109’s are a solid choice, though dont rush to get other pads, their stock pads are pretty good both in sound and comfort (havent felt the need to pad swap them)

1 Like

S/H Focal Elear, Elex or for closed back Elegia would fit that bill…or as you said DT1990 pro’s or maybe if you can stretch the budget a S/H Beyer T1 second gen :man_shrugging:

Headphones dot com has the Elex for $500 right now. “final sale” though, so no returns. Great price, tho

2 Likes

what about the jm xtc2 have you herd of those. what do you think about modded headphones in general. t1 second gen? what about 3rd gen. i guess i can up my budget to 1k

Good advice here!!!

Honestly I wouldn’t up your budget till you find a sound you really like.

1 Like

Hey! Im looking for advice. I Have audeze lcd 2 clozed back and i am looking for dac and amp it can be one or a couple devices. my budget is 200$.