Headphone suggestions for vocals

That’s pretty much the r70x lol. I am curious about what you would think about them on a tube (the 600), as I will admit they aren’t my favorite on solid state or hybrid

I thought hard about getting a Darkvoice or a Little Dot, but I don’t want to buy an amp for just one headphone again (I did that for the HD6XX’s in 2016).

I’ll be interested in your thoughts as some people say these are an hd6(letter and or numbers) upgrade :+1: next being an Aeolus but this is all speculation on my part

1 Like

If you were able to pick up something like a used massdrop eddie current you could use them for your grados, beyers, and senns so a multipurpose amp

2 Likes

I agree, but he mentioned the CFA Cascades in his op. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

I thought REAL tube amps wouldn’t do anything good for 32 Ohm headphones?

If they work the way I have read about (endlessly!), I am sure they will replace both of my Senns very quickly.
Not to say they are Better than Senns, but that they might be a better fit for my tastes.

1 Like

The eddie current is a SET tube amp (not hybrid) with both high end lower impedance outputs. It still doesn’t work well with planars but it allows you to use stuff like your beyers or grados on it

2 Likes

Really? Now that sounds VERY interesting. Is it a very pricey item?

Here is one used for sale, you can wait for others to pop up though

There are other options than the zdt jr

That looks huge! Cool too. Are there other tube amps that place nicely with 32 Ohm headphones?
I love my Burson amp (mechanical problems aside), the SP200 is growing on me and the Liquid Spark is cool, but could be replaced. I might, in the next few months, move the Schiit, XDuoo and LCX models. Always looking for an interesting amp or headphones. Just no more cheap stuff. :slightly_smiling_face:

Actually, could I suggest something like the hagerman labs tuba amp? That’s a really awesome amp that preforms very well for the price, something to consider lol

2 Likes

I’ll have a look. Thanks, as usual. :+1:

1 Like

That seems a really cool option, although a little out of my price range right now. I would definitely want the wood sides. I am a little concerned about a review stating it is a little bright, but I will be keeping an eye on this product.

There are some strange reviews on his site if that’s what you are referring to lol, there is one talking about the clear on the tuba, and from experience it wasn’t the best pairing lol, focals tend to preform better on solid state imo

I would LOVE to hear my GH2’s on that thing. If that combo worked, it would be a lifer for me.

When I first tried the amp the first headphones I demoed on it were grados lol, because he wanted to show off the low impedance out. They were either a GH or RS but I can’t quite remember, but they sounded really good actually lol

1 Like

Perhaps the GS2000e?

1 Like