Headphones for gaming and listening to music

Yeah, I’ve tried the XS on probably close to 50 sub $1,000 amps since I’ve owned them and they make some pretty powerful amps struggle and I’m guessing it’s due to current draw. Best way I can describe what happens is what happens when I plug them into my LG V50. They sound like a literal wet napkin is slapping around inside during sub bass heavy parts of songs and it happens in a lot of amps too. Some that come to mind as not driving them very well are the DX3 Pro+, HO100, SH-8s, A50s, Magni, and tons more in that range. Standouts on the cheaper end that don’t have those problems are the SH-9, Asgard 3, A90d, HO200, G111, etc. On some amps, I guarantee it’s because their specs are straight lies and the power supply or capacitors are running out of power. I do listen loud from time to time, but even at pretty low volume, lots of amps distort really hard with the XS. My xCAN distorts at like 60db with the 2.5mm balanced plug, probably because its portable power supply is tiny. They’re deceptively hard to drive.

2 Likes

I’ve owned the XS before and I agree that it’s hard to drive.

2 Likes