Headphones tier list

See but then you’ll make me want to just do entire chain pairs and whatnot, and that is way too much work, and I’d really want to get things back in house to do that properly, was just supposed to be casual and brief lol. I might just add a bit more info to that list instead before doing dacs

This is the problem with creating internet content: the audience always wants more :rofl:. Appreciate what you’ve done. Awesome lists.

3 Likes

Ah yes the “casual” list curated by M0N that ends up in a 5 page write up, gotta love it :heart_eyes:

I didn’t see the Soloist or V280/281 in this list :cry:

Thank you.

Now we know what The M0N likes, we know what’s—chef’s kiss—out there. We appreciate The M0N

Well starting with creating an amp and headphone pairing section that will eventually include dacs among other things as well, although this one is actually going to take quite awhile given the pace of things now lol

Thanks thanks, technically it’s 1 page lol

Soloist is mediocre and not stand out to me compared to other options in the list, and while I do really love the 281, I wanted to try and keep it new production stuff if possible, and given after trying the v550 that I did prefer the tuning of the 281, the technicalities are improved, it’s more refined, and it matches with more things, so I put the 550 in there instead since it’s mostly an upgrade and pairs well with the same stuff the 281 did for the most part

Don’t really know if took a list to find out what I like considering how much I’ve posted on here in the past, but I guess it is a nice summary lol

I’m kinda pretty much satisfied with where I am now, so I figured I might as well sum up almost a practical “best of” list, and I figure if I’m going to put out some list, I should at least give as much context as I can without it getting overdone (so after finishing the pairings section, and adding dacs, I think it will be done for the time being lol)

1 Like

nice. dont wanna talk too much about it since it’s not on the list, but is the 280 the same as the 281, just with less features?

Yes, but it’s nice to see everything in one place. Cannot tell you how happy I was to see AC Genus on the list! Probs one of the most underrated HP amps out there, and very few even know that it has a PO.

The 281 is generally better sound wise imo, for how much better it depends on the headphones you are driving, although the 280 is good as well and it’s not like the 281 is in a different league or anything

It’s pretty amazing, almost cheating since it’s an integrated with a headphone out but I think it deserved to be up there with how much I enjoyed it every time I got to listen to it. Loved my AC gear for 2ch and did run some headphones direct off tap as well but can’t count that lol

1 Like