Help choosing IEMs

I whole-hardheartedly agree. Just after my Final E1000 with Final E tips arrives along with my Fiio FH5, so I can drop the FiiO LC-4.4D on it I just bought. So the FH5 can join my Fiio family of two FH3’s I just bought along with 3 more Spinfit CP100 Medium sets I have arriving tomorrow.

Yeah… After all that, I’m gonna stop. I swear!

1 Like

I said that about 50 times now :smirk:

Looks like I’m having even more options to look at :joy:

Here the fh3 is £40 more than the it00 if I’m getting it from AliExpress so not quite double the price which is good I suppose :sweat_smile:

I’ve also been given a couple other suggestions in the final e4000 and I’m also half tempted to up the budget a bit and maybe look at the final b3

lol! We both have a problem I think.

Sad thing about my post is that it’s 100% true. :frowning: I actually left some stuff out. :frowning: Oh yeah… and I almost bought an Andromeda. Thank god I didn’t love it!

1 Like

E4000 is not worth it at all, you can replace that with the IT00 better and cheaper and somewhat similar profile.

The B3 looks nice but dont think it can match other Chi-fi.

For the music genres you mentioned the FH3 is probably the best choice.

Seriously, if I were you, I wouldn’t spend any serious cash on anything until you get the tip seal issue sorted. There’s no need in spending any money on anything if you can’t get a good seal.

Might wanna ask Goku if he thinks this would be a good idea but what about his suggestion of the Final E1000? You would get a great set of 5 different tip sizes and an IEM he recommends for 30 bucks? It’s worth it just for the tips alone. Once you know how to get that proper seal and you can properly understand what IEMs have to offer, then make a determination if you want to move up to something different? Just an idea so you aren’t wasting money on something if you can’t achieve a seal.

3 Likes

Sound good, since the E1000 is a neutral iem it at least isnt bad for those genres.

You’re being too sensible though :joy: It does make sense though I suppose I did also get suggested some ones in that sort of price range to do the same

Ha ha! I get it, its fun to get excited about something new and fantasize about how amazing it will be once you get it in your ears. Trust me, I get it. I do it all the time myself. It’s your decision tho. We’re just trying to give you the most “sensible” advise we can since you asked for it. :smiley:

1 Like

Here is what I would do:

Get the Fiio FH3
Final Audio E1000 (steal the tips on it for the FH3 + decent backup iem)
Spinfits CP145
Azla Sedna

= should be around 200 usd in total and you get the whole package and shouldnt have any problems with fit since with those 3 tips you are extremely likely to get a seal with at least one of them. (You can get a 3rd party cable for the FH3 but it isnt a must.)

(you dont have to buy everything at once too, so I would start with the FH3 and the E1000. If that gives you a good seal you could skip the rest. (But I do recommend having the rest of the tips because having a large variety of tips is extremely helpful.)

1 Like

I totally agree.

Just depends if he wants something cool to start out with or go the safe route until he’s sure IEMs are going to be something he wants to pursue.

Personally, I’d suggest getting either the FH3, or the Final E1000 first and see if the included tips on either set will do the trick. You’ll probably find something that will work for you with either set. If you love what you hear, you’ll end up going down the rabbit hole with the rest of us.

The reason I suggest getting both at the same time is that the type e’s are what I am personally using on the fh3. But yes going one step at a time is the optimal way. (although if he starts with the e1000 he should have low expectations for the Sq on it, it is at C rank for a reason despite me liking the profile a lot.)

Another factor to consider is the shipping cost. Will it be very expensive to buy multiple times from the same seller or not? (if there is a single seller…)

Fortunately for the iems at least, the e1000 is prime shipped, and the fh3 would be free shipping on AliExpress so I’d be ok there

And I’d try to bundle in other tips with other things to keep down shipping costs

2 Likes

Ordered a pair of fh3s and e1000s last night so should have the fh3 within a couple weeks, and the final tomorrow

2 Likes

Nice, good luck!

2 Likes