šŸ”¶ Hifiman HE1000v2 and HE1000v2 Stealth Edition

It could be a psychoacoustic thing too. With increased resolution some frequencies could sound more or less emphasized.

How long have you had it?

Just a week so far. Iā€™m not sure I hear much increased resolution compared to my memory of the Arya, but Iā€™ll just blame my memory for that. Itā€™s definitely far more resolving than the AH-D7200 or Elegia!

Alsoā€¦risky questionā€¦what headphone cables are you using?

Mostly an Audioverse ā€œbasicā€ cable with a Hart interconnect, but since I read about cables making a difference with this headphone, I also tried with the stock cable. Iā€™m not sure I noticed a difference, but Iā€™ll try the stock cables again today.

Could get something like this :eyes::joy:

It took me a week or two to properly appreciate what the HeKv2 can do, I also had to change up what I normally listen to in order to see exactly what it can do. I had to listen to stuff with more natural instruments to start seeing what is really very nice with them.

Also, Iā€™ve noticed quite a large difference in the sound compared to the stock cable whilst using the hart I have. The hart reduced bass and also the part I love about them the most, the spatial recreation.

1 Like

You just need one more piece:

Then youā€™re completely OTG!

3 Likes

Only if I get someone to carry me in it

2 Likes

yep, this definitely makes sense. I already noticed some improvements over the past week.

I think I have more of an idea whatā€™s going on. I think my issues are volume-related. When I hit a good album on the Arya, I could really turn them up and so the details came through clearly.

If I use the HeK at my normal level (~70dB), then I donā€™t run into problems, but the detail is not so prominent. If I turn them up to ~74dB, thatā€™s when the drums and S-sounds get on my nerves. This would explain why BGGAR didnā€™t like this set at all, as he does his critical listening at 77dB.

I still feel like the Arya separated instruments better, though, which would probably also make the details more clear.

Been listening to my HE1000 V2 the last two days, after taking just over a month break from it while auditioning some other headphones (LCD-24, Stellia, Diana V2) and I have to say, the HEKv2 can still blow me away. Its resolving, has great dynamics, is articulate, with bass the extends deep with nice texture, detail and Slam, a midrange that pulls out details and presents all very well carrying into the lower treble, and then the treble has nice extension with plenty of space and clarity. Blending all these attributes together in a stage that is both wide and tall with good depth makes the HE1000 V2 one HEK of a headphone!

Sometimes it may take listening to other TOTL headphones and hearing what they are good at to help you appreciate again, the sets youā€™ve become complacent with.

Iā€™m not inferring that the HE1000 V2 is better than any of the others, or the end game, but it certainly holds its own very well for myself and my preferences and is still my current #1 that I own. :ok_hand:

5 Likes

I was so scared of upgrading my v2 to an se thinking it wasnā€™t going to be as much to my liking because I really loved the v2 more than anything else I had ever had before it. Itā€™s not a massive change but I donā€™t regret sending it into hifiman for the upgrade. Iā€™m kinda hoping some day they do a stealth upgrade option for the he6se v2 (as long as they donā€™t do it like the Arya, which Iā€™ve been hearing some bad things about) as I think if it could add a touch more stage height and a little more overall stage size it would be perfect.

Honestly to me that doesnā€™t make much sense, the he6se is by design a pretty thick and dense diaphragm with meaty traces and magnets, where the stealth stuff more focuses on the ultrathin diaphragm and reduced magnets, kinda would be taking away what makes the he6se still valuable in the lineup imo

2 Likes

I guess Iā€™m just thinking of them doing it like the susvara and keeping the sensitivity low but you definitely have a good point. I guess maybe I just want an oval he6 driver in a he1000 shell. Iā€™m starting to get really curious about the how the susvara sounds lately in comparison to the he6.

1 Like
5 Likes

Hi there. Iā€™m new here. Was wondering if I can seek some views of other experienced folks here?

I noticed this crinkle in headphone. Was wondering anyone encountered this and if I need to get it repaired? So far I donā€™t seem to hear any issues with the sound, suspect many issues I hear is more to do with the tracksā€¦

Crinkling sounds would come from the diaphragm and not from an imperfection with a piece of foam in the outward-facing side of the earcup. If that foam was touching the rear side of the diaphragm, then I would imagine there would be harsh distortion sounds produced when music is playing.

Whatā€™s the best amp/dac setup to unleash the full potential of this headphone? Also whatā€™s do you guys think a more financially reasonable setup as well? I currently have SMSL SP200, and Iā€™m also looking into Shanling EM5. Not sure if these two setup good enough.

I tried the THX789ā€¦ sold it. Felt it too ā€œsterileā€ in the sense that the sound was too clean and too clear. Abit too much fatigue after awhile.

I find the HEKv2 will do well with a musical warm DAC/amp. Tubes will prolly be good but itā€™ll need high wattage.

Atm Iā€™m using a topping A99 and I got a Hugo 2 otw. Will feedback once the H2 is here.

Hi, Iā€™m looking to upgrade my HEX V2 for HEK V2 and wondering if my current sources could make good paring with HEK V2. I currently own a Questyle CMA Twelve as DAC/Amp (desktop) and Denafrips Ares II > PrimaLuna EVO 100 Integrated Amp (which is my living room/speaker setup). Since the headphone out of my PrimaLuna sounds wonderful with my Utopia, which is known to be crazy Amp picky, Iā€™m guessing that it could be great with HEK V2ā€¦ Any opinions/experience with these sources with HEK V2?

1 Like