šŸ”¶ HiFiMan Sundara

The dt880 is flatter in the bass region and brighter in the treble regionā€¦ itā€™s a very nice headphone though and even outclasses the sundara in some ways

I havenā€™t heard anandas but what I think the consensus is is that itā€™s ā€˜betterā€™ but not to the amount price would suggestā€¦ your ears should definitely fit in those cups which could make them worthwhile for you

Not gonna lieā€¦ pretty mad now at these. Second Sundara, second break, sending back. Going to look for alternativesā€¦ Love the sound. donā€™t like worrying about when they will up and break on me. Made a seperate post a couple days ago asking for comparisons and side gradesā€¦ hopefully I will find a alternative.

1 Like

Dang that sucks. What broke? Were the 2 two purchased after the revision and new?

1 Like

ooof sorry to hear about that. My boi @Hazi59 has had that issue as well. iā€™m sure he understands where u r coming from. What a shame

The Sundara is a very well balanced headphone. Everything is there. It should be a 500$ headphone. The Ananda is not a upgrade but a step in a different direction. Its VERY bright. and it sounds like the midrange is too recessed. It really bugged me when i got it and i rejected it. Driver size is nice though. The Arya is really good and maybe the Drop Edition XX. The DT880 has a lot of treble and detail but a lot of bass is missing. or maybe midrange i dont know but it lacks body to my ears.

1 Like

its in my other post. first one right ear cup went completely out bit of a fizzle popped and just went out. This timeā€¦ both the left ear cup was fizzling and distorting and the wiring itself was defective some form of short. @Antpage2 I really liked that about the sundaraā€¦ I was lookingfor a great all rounder with great balance but wide soundstage and imaging as I play a lot of games I wanted more immersion and more rounded sound, I use dt 990s for my competitives, and since I like my current setup I tend to stick towards more bright oriented headphones. I did notice the mids were recessed but I didnā€™t find it TOO awful just could be a little better. The issue with the arya and xx is they are more expensive than the Sundara so I wouldnā€™t be willing to pick them up at this point in time. I have a post open if people have suggestions [CO] headphone like the Hifiman Sundara? this way I donā€™t bloat this chat up. Really disappointed as I love these headphones they were definitely a straight upgrade to my 58x

1 Like

maybe you got a faulty pair? Iā€™ve had a few beyers and body is never something that they were missing

Have you been in touch with hifiman? Maybe theyā€™d replace them if the 1 year warranty is still applicable?

second pair of sundaras. the 400i I had tried previously was also faulty just even worse it completely died outright haha. No, I think I am done for the time being with trust in their product line. Itā€™s unfortunate, but I canā€™t see spending as much as I do on their products with that kind of risk ya know? The headphone itself when it works is absolutely beautiful though. If they could just get that QC crap fixed.

Thats strange i never had a problem with thier products

Maybe im not expressing it right. i got the DT880 600 ohm

1 Like

Hmm thatā€™s unfortunate being that post revision sundaras have been pretty stellarā€¦ I get it thoughā€¦ good luck finding a replacement

2 Likes

May be a pretty dumb question but is there a place that offers a better warranty on hifiman products, some form of protection plans, than the actual website? They offer a year warranty with a small 3 month extension upon registering. Other question was how does the Edition XX compare to the Sundara saw someone selling one for $400 and it looks just like the Ananda but damn sure is cheaper. Sitting here waiting for my other two planars to come in for audition and stumbled upon it

headphones.com has a 365 day return policy across the board, but donā€™t know that they offer an extended warranty. Amazon offers extended warranties (extra cost) on a lot of electronics, and it looks like for the Sundara you can add either a 2 or 3 year accident protection plan.

4 Likes

@Falenkor not sure if it was you, but do you have any experience with open box items from HiFiMan or headphones.com ?

I do yeah, bought my own sundara open box from them.

How was it? Like new? Any signs of wear/tear?

fwiw, I think they also sell open box on amazon sometimes for the same price, so worst case scenario you have Amazon return policy which from I heard they donā€™t ask questions.

1 Like

hmm, let me pull it out I will tell you. I put it away haha. Alright so, it didnā€™t come with its 1/4 adapter so I will say make sure you have a spare around somewhere they are cheap. The headphone itself was in pretty good conditioning but you can tell it was used by the pads. Pads are slightly deformed and show signs of use. Outside of that it plays fine. I would say outside of the pads still in a like new conditioning and the pads are an easy fix since I donā€™t like the pali pads to begin with and you can replace them without ruining the sound which was discovered in my other post when I asked for comparisons for the sundara. They WILL NOT allow returns for open box thoughā€¦ to quote their return policy Open-Box, Sale and Special Order These items are final sale however the manufacturers warranty still applies hope that helps. @ericg

1 Like

I bought my first Elegias open box from headphones-dot-com. They arrived looking brand new and have gotten at least as much use as any of my headphones (were my daily drivers for quite a while, and now theyā€™re a gaming headset). I wouldnā€™t hesitate to buy open-box from them again, particularly with their generous return policy. [ed - return policy does not cover open-box]

3 Likes