šŸ”¶ HiFiMan Sundara

You know, besides the clear and the utopia lol

3 Likes

Yeah but who can afford those =P

Donā€™t forget the gold-diamond-version-things :stuck_out_tongue:
(kidding, I know itā€™s just eye candy)

Gotcha gotcha, well I will say that I enjoy the fact that they are planar since it does sound different. But I will also say that I would enjoy it the same if it was dynamic lol. To my ears, I donā€™t necessarily see the micro detail or more importantly I donā€™t care about it lol. The nice thing about the sundara being planar I would say is that they sound very light footed possibly due to the speed

1 Like

yeah i mean with Elex i most certainly dont need them but i do want them. Although, in this case id really like to demo them somehow before buying to see if its different enough for me to say its worth owning.

1 Like

Fair enough, based on what Shane and fbizzle have mentioned to me about the elex. I canā€™t Imagine wanting to have one if I had another one. Altho they seem pretty different in some aspect they seem pretty similar in many others from what Iā€™ve heard. I guess like you tho I canā€™t say until I hear them for sure

1 Like

If you were to A-B the two side by side, you would find that they sound quite different. I said the two were similar, but only compared to the rest of my collection, which is Gradoā€™s, two closed backs and a pair of electrostatic headphones.

I think they are a Great compliment to each other.

2 Likes

the plot thickensā€¦

1 Like

If anyone is considering the Sundara for Classical/Orchestral musicā€¦
Do it!!!

7 Likes

I just got the Ananda about a week ago and though it is better than the Sundara I was surprised just how technically close the Sundara is to them. Iā€™m still glad I got the Ananda because it is a great headphone but the Sundara are a fantastic headphone for the price, well so is the Ananda since itā€™s down to $700 from $1000.

1 Like

Figured I would drop this in the actual forums for the sundara. I wanted to ask those who have this headphone what the comparisons were between the Sundara and other headphones like Ananda, Edition XX Massdrop, Andover Pm-50s, and Verum 1s. Bought Sundara recently and absolutely fell in love but have some issues with comfort(my ears are to big lol). Figured I would reach out see what others think and feel on these others in comparison. As I see it for the price point Sundara are absolutely fantastic but I feel unfortunately I may need to look further down the price line or to side grades.

1 Like

maybe a beyerdynamic? iā€™ve tried the 770 and 990 and they are both phenominal. and some people really like the 880 here and consider it to punch above itā€™s weight. it could be worth looking since sound sig wise it should be more or less similiar

lol I actually use the 990 premium 600 ohm now I definitely agree they are absolutely incredible. Going to audition the 880s either tuesday or wednesday actually as I was just generally curious but also curious about that tygr 300 r as well as from what i have read its like the 880 but less treble and smoother mids. Sundara just literally feel like they are in a class on their own especially in their price bracket right now so I am hard pressed to find a better one. I am seriously tempted to just say suck it up and keep them and ignore the discomfort as I will probably get used to itā€¦ also read I can change the pads to an oval I have another post up where someone was willing to let me know later how it worked with the particular pads.

1 Like

oh nice lol. well hmmmmmmm, itā€™s hard to say lol. i got the sundara recently myself and they are really amazing. the only other headphone that i have that competes with it in technicalities and enjoyment is the carbon nighthawks. those are AMAZING but itā€™s the complete opposite sound sig lol so itā€™s not a sundara replacement sadly. sad to hear the earpad situation. like u said tho, itā€™s possible that it might get better for u, almost like getting used to it hopefully. I have a normal looking left ear but i admit that i have a fit problem with the sundara and my left ear, kind of bugs me sometimes but iā€™ve kind of learned to live with it

1 Like

It literally is just I have really large earsā€¦ I have to typically stick to larger ear pads due to itā€¦ however the dt 990 fit perfectly. I only got the Sundara because I wanted a more All-Rounder so to speak and these definitely performed and exceeded my expectation even over my 58x. Thinking maybe the 880 MIGHT come close? but seriously going to not get my hopes up haha

1 Like

@Falenkor Tough spot to be inā€¦love em, but canā€™t wear em. Been there with Grados.
Anandas have been mentioned,but are a diff. price bracket of course.
btw I have newer Sundara (and small ears) and love them.
Let us know what you think of the 880.

1 Like

Yeah, iā€™d be happy to post my opinion in comparison. I like the price bracket for sundara I donā€™t feel theres really any out there that can compete here other than spending more money. Less I am missing something.

1 Like

Got it. Keep asking and tryingā€¦ sure you will find a solution short of ear surgery! lol

1 Like

The dt880 is flatter in the bass region and brighter in the treble regionā€¦ itā€™s a very nice headphone though and even outclasses the sundara in some ways

I havenā€™t heard anandas but what I think the consensus is is that itā€™s ā€˜betterā€™ but not to the amount price would suggestā€¦ your ears should definitely fit in those cups which could make them worthwhile for you

Not gonna lieā€¦ pretty mad now at these. Second Sundara, second break, sending back. Going to look for alternativesā€¦ Love the sound. donā€™t like worrying about when they will up and break on me. Made a seperate post a couple days ago asking for comparisons and side gradesā€¦ hopefully I will find a alternative.

1 Like