How much of a difference is there between semi open headphones vs open for fps gaming?

Cleaner yes detail is more marginal. Dac changes however tend to be quite marginal less your bouncing between price brackets for example a bifrost 2 from modius is quite a jump in sound with bifrost being some peoples endgame… though I’d encourage a better headphone and amp long before I would a dac. Something like asgard and modius stack tends to hit the limitations of fps games and quite a few single players… stepping above that is more musical than it is gaming

1 Like

Thanks! I think I will go with the Asgard 3 and Modius DAC. What cords should I get to work with the dt880 600ohm and that amp and dac? Is there anything else I need after the cords or will that all do it? This is going to a PC. Thanks again!

RCA cables should be all you need Schilt sells some nice short RCA cables if you want you should get yourself some nice long micro usb cable or optical if you motherboard supports it. as the cable that comes with the modius may be too short.

1 Like

Thanks. Schiit should include all the power cables and stuff I need to power it from the wall not my PC. Is that right? I am planning to use Optical cord from PC to DAC then RCA to Amp. Is that right?

power cable wise yes everything should be included and setup wise thats right

1 Like

Awesome. thanks!

Thanks again. I had ordered the Modius but it is on backorder for what looks like another month. Given that I plan to mostly use the asgard 3 amp and a dac for competitive fps gaming(apex legends, warzone, destiny 2) and other games as well as rock music, do you think the modi 3+ or e30 would be the best to pair with it? I plan to use the dt880 600ohm with it though may get different headphones in future. Thanks!

Pretty sure I answered this one, maybe was another person asking this same thing actually lol. Modi and e30 would be fine… its just that modius can be seen as a small step above them. If you can’t get a modius you will be just fine with a modi or e30… e30 being the warmer sounding dac of those 3

1 Like