How'd i do here? 5 new purchases - new to the audiophile game

I’ve heard the h40 recently, pretty comfy and the cable is great, and the sound is pretty on point for the price, solid iem

3 Likes

Audiosense DT200 is also a really good iem. Makes me hyped for their 6 ba + 1 dd hybrid flagship

1 Like

ever since chocolate_bear recommended these in basshead IEM thread, i’ve seen the h40’s mentioned a lot in various places. People seem to like them a lot, although for me I have the it03’s which occupy a similar space. personally been considering stepping up to something higher tier, possibly an open box or b-stock polaris v2 or fh7. still not to sure though

2 Likes

Maybe you can wait for their next iem, believe that they will have the H50 to be the upgrade for the H40.

Dunu Dk3001-pro, Moondrop Blessing 2 and LZ A6 might also be interesting then

2 Likes

oh i did not know they had something in the works. H50 something to keep an eye on for sure. I know a lot of the headphone show guys had some good stuff to say about the blessing 2’s, I’ll have to look into the other 2 not familar with them

1 Like

only have the LZ A6 and that is my endgame for treble-head mood. the other 2 are good recommendation from others I trust.

1 Like

Probably the Andro is a bench mark for iem’s?

3 Likes

Fair enough. Dip switches are tiny switches on the sides on IEMS that change the tuning of them, some can increase/decrease treble, mids or bass etc.
They are portable as they are literally on the sides of the IEMs.
And yes, there are plenty of Bluetooth AMP/DACs similar to the BTR5 from ifi that have bass boosts for instance, such as the xdsd, only a tiny bit bigger than the BTR5.
The IEMs that you have bought are great don’t get me wrong, but I’m my personal opinion what I would have done is buy a single set with dip switches (literal, psychical, tiny switches on the side of the IEM to change their sound) which would have given me different sound from the same IEM, as well as a Bluetooth player, similar to the BTR5, which could also have its sound changed

1 Like

Yeah I would assume so, but there are people who are buying reference pieces from 64 audio or JH

1 Like

Indeed I didn’t say end game but they’re half the price of most 64, JH, Empires and the like.

2 Likes

So I do think having the dip switch tuning options are handy, but also imo they won’t transform the iem to something else and also when you move to adjustable crossovers, the quality of the crossover drops from a sound perspective from my experience, they put less care into crafting the sound of the crossover. The dip switches are just essentially for a bass and treble boost over stock, and are typically a set and forget from my experience

2 Likes

@Ohmboy @M0N - with me already owning isine 20, would it make sense to buy Tin P1? The way I see it is that theyre both planar and isine 20 are amazing

1 Like

I wouldn’t think so

2 Likes

Personally no, I know I prefer the 20 over the p1, but it’s not apples to apples

1 Like

H40’s are a killer set, but I’m willing to bet money the IT03’s are in the same league. If you go the Polaris route, also consider the Empire Ears Bravado’s. Hands down the best, most fun, most fulfilling sub-bass that I’ve ever experienced. The Empire Ears Weapon IX Subwoofer (basically fancy talk for a 9mm dynamic driver) is a BEAST! I sent them back though because I really want a pair of Estats, so I’ll be going after the Valkyrie’s in a few months (used or B-stock if possible).

1 Like

I have both, prefer Shuoer Tape, because it has better low compared to Tin P1.

1 Like

I’ll definitely take a look, still looking around not really sure what my iem upgrade path is gonna be at the moment. I suspected the h40’s and it03’s would be somewhat similar so def looking at a bigger step up.

I know bggar also said something similar. He seemed to prefer the tapes too.

2 Likes

@sub_o @TwoPaperCaper @Rikudou_Goku

I ended up buying the tapes the same day as posting this thread… thanks thread lol. posted this thread for some feedback and instead I receive additional recommendations haha

Okay no more for a long long time now, haha.

3 Likes

Hope you enjoy them.

2 Likes

curious to see how they fit in with what you have. I really like the look of the tapes shells

1 Like