IEM discussion thread (Part 2)

Meteor is on my list to try but I’m waiting for a good price on em and I’m worried about ear pressure

1 Like

truthfully, I didn’t get the same type of bass from the Cadenza, but for their time, they did sound really good for $35. The UP just had something… different about them.

And talking about the Meteors, yes, that pressure build up is real. That’s the absolutely worst part about them. On some days, I can’t stand it, but others, I just copped. It was weird…

2 Likes

Meteor skipped then

I noticed it on the Cadenza since it was the time of budget wars, so I had bought Zero, Wang’er and the other cool stuff but the Cadenza had a different quality I couldn’t pin point until I realized the beryllium stuff

Xenns Up is like a grown up Cadenza Beryllium, it’s so much more noticable and it just amazing. I was really on or off about it at first but I love em now

I wonder if they’d allow me to change the faceplate if I pay em though since she acrylic from the one I bought has yellowed

1 Like

Yeah it’s a very uncommon tuning in the treble area. Apart from that I find the Bass very bloated so no need to get used to the overall special tuning.

1 Like

It’s a damn shame, but I understand. They are such a fun set to me, certain songs just pop and there is so much life to the treble that it can be addicting with the right source.

I reckon Symphonium can sort out the pressure problem with the next version.

3 Likes

Yeah I really like the meteor and wanna try them but I learned it the hard way, pressure build up on my ears causes a migraine and like pressure sometimes fluctuates and my ears felt like it was being ripped apart from the inside lol

Spent an entire day outside not able to enjoy the mall and I couldn’t figure what was happening until I realized my IEMs at that time didn’t have a pressure release vent

I hope they do one with pressure release since symphonium is a brand I really wanna try as well

Btw I like to use my sets like 4+ hours at a time so that’s why I really value pressure relief and minimal build up

3 Likes

That is fair, I can see why some would find the bass to be on the bloated side.

It has a blunted and soft presentation but It can be very fun for certain genres imo.

3 Likes

With the talk about Meteor lately I think back to how much it was wrong for me, I belive some of my problems was back to that it had too much ear pressure. And I hope I get to try it again one day, since I have better tips now to reduce ear pressure. But also as I like more sound signatures than before.

And as @domq422 say, the set is most likely better for some music than others. I for one like this tuning approach, more unique sets not tuned exactly the same as every release coming out.

I am sitting here with the Campfire Bonneville, I have been super sceptical of this set. Due to how it measures, far away from the normal target curves. But guess what I truly enjoy it ,and it make me smile of joy. Is it correct for all genres, no. But for what it work with is a refreshing experience.

10 Likes

Flat line bass, thicker midbass, recessed mids, I can see that working well as a fun V for certain genres.
Pic looks scrumdiddlyumptious

5 Likes

Same measurement I have looked at, but curiousness got me since the watercooler thread on head-fi have this as midfi winner in the survey together with Singularity.

When you look at that its easy to understand why I have been quite sceptical, the midrange peak is not noticeable. And overall the mids has thick low midrange but lack some presence making it darker sounding, then treble comes back crisp and clear.

This is my problem the treble, also what makes it less universal with some genres. Electronica has been 50/50 depending on albums, while metal been really good and not tiresome on what I have tried so far. But then I need to remember I have been a Beyerdynamic headphone fan since young, with the famous mountbeyer peaks.

Will see how I feel once I had a week with Bonneville.

3 Likes

lol that group is so far removed from reality that they consider those two sets to be “midfi”

12 Likes

I don’t know what Beyer were thinking with the T1 Gen3. Seemed like such a departure from a much loved brighter sound of the Gen1/Gen2

1 Like

Totally agree about that one, people must use the cash how they want. Seen before someone say: Bonneville is a nice budget set. Budget!

cash-bugs-bunny

10 Likes

Bless their hearts!

1 Like

singularity as mid-fi, do I need to step up my life choices lol

1 Like

So my recently purchased Dunu Mirai arrived yesterday- thanks again to @hawaiibadboy.

I have to say, I’m really impressed with the Mirai. I can’t stop listening to them at the minute.

Absolutely love the tuning and they fit me perfectly too, with their longer nozzles.

The packaging and unboxing experience is the best I’ve experienced so far. I also love the colours and design choice.

@Precogvision well done on your first collaboration, and making such a wonderful sounding and special iem.

18 Likes

This minty green definitely matches purple HiBy very well!
aesthetics

Congrats on finding your Grail!

3 Likes

Let’s hope the watercooler mindset doesn’t infect the Chifi pricing policy too much in the future.

8 Likes

Dunu always delivers. One of my top tier brands. For their products I have no bad feeling paying the extra Dunu tax. It’s because they don’t use a D20 dice when setting their profit factor.

10 Likes

Yeah if chifi sees those water-cooler guys considering bonneville and singularity as midfi, I’ll be back down to budget after escaping it lol

I’ve yet to own a Dunu, my goal is to own an IEM from each of the big brands so I got those guys on my list

3 Likes