IEM discussion thread (Part 2)

The Symphonium Crimson

Not exactly my ideal sound sig, but no doubt a great IEM.

A full write-up on it’s way :handshake:

16 Likes

Hello everyone.
I have checked that the DUNU TITAN S is on sale for around 60 euros. I was wondering if nowadays it remains a viable and suitable option at this price, or if it has already been widely surpassed by things like the EW200 or even the Salnotes Zero/Waner duo.

Not in tech, but the tonality is kinda different. Titan S is leaner and brighter.

For guys with money I suppose :grin:

3 Likes

Is there anything better than Titan S for classical music for less than $100?
Thanks for the wisdom :blush:

Starting to look like the number of drivers that can be packed into a shell is the same marketing trick for Chi-fi IEM manufacturers as .000002 reduction in SINAD and THD is for Chi-fi amp manufacturers.

In other words: Pretty meaningless and just a market differentiator in an insanely competitive category.

The number of drivers doesn’t always equate to the quality of an IEM. I’ve heard single DD or single BA – the MagicOne, for example – that sound better than hybrids or tribrids.

1 Like

You want earbuds for that.

The driver race is old news lol. KZ did that back in the day.

Nowadays its more about stuffings as many different types of drivers as possible.

5 Likes

Right. You are correct. I should have been more specific! :slight_smile:

Just more infos about Pilgrim from Sebastien Chiu:

1. Yes, the Pilgrim is part of Elysian’s new relationship with Effect Audio.
  2. We are helping with marketing, scaling up the manufacturing process, and QC to prepare for the demand.
  3. Yes, the Pilgrim will be available at Musicteck.
  4. It will launch sometime in May.
  5. The final price point will be $399, adjusted once more from the $499 at the show.
  6. There will be “other things” coming from Elysian this year that we can’t talk about yet, and they’re coming sooner than you think.
  7. Your feedback is being noted. We are unsure if it will go through one more retune or if what you heard at the show was final.
  8. Leo’s comments about build changes and cable were correct; those are being finalized now.
3 Likes

I found Titan S a bit too bright. For classical I prefer HeartMirror Zero and Olina SE.

1 Like

I get that! I bought the Yincrow X6 based on your recommendation at the time. I fell in love with their analog sound. Thanks for that hehe.
Right now, I’m interested in IEMs for classical music and soundtracks, specifically ones that are under $100. I already have the EA500 and they’re very good, but I just wanted to know if the dunu would be an upgrade JUST for classical.

I do find the Titan S to be a bit too shouty for me but I am quite sensitive to that 3k area but besides that it is better than the EA500 for those purposes. At least tonality wise.

If you really want to save money though, just PEQ the EA500.

1 Like

That’s all I needed to hear. Bought them for 52 euros at Hifigo! Thanks for the wisdom

1 Like

yeah that’s what I look for in IEMs too

I’d rather have a 5 driver iem with each being different than a 20 iem driver that’s all BA altho that does sound cool lol

Oooh a 2DD I’m guessing isobaric? by softears. Should be interesting!

Any honest comparisons between Doscinco VS Hype2/4, Tea 2 or Mp145?

1 Like

When it rains it pours - did not have any new IEM to listen to for half a year, now I got 3 very interesting sets within 4 days. It does not help I have 30mins per day.
This time Aur Audio loaners from one and only @heartless <3
Sound aside the cable with Auroras (which is not stock, but something from Ikko) is absolute trash from UX perspective. But rec for penon liquid tips

13 Likes

I have Doscinco and Tea 2. In A/B testing, while similar, the Doscinco has clearer treble details ( which is in the graph from 3-7k ), and the bass is a little more, but you don’t notice the quantity, almost more that it has a bit more impact. My take the Tea 2 is a great IEM, but I think the Doscinco is a bit better overall. The one place I think Tea 2 wins hands down is at very high volume. The missing treble helps when you crank it up.

I skipped the Hype sets, mostly due to price, and have never owned any Hidizs stuff.

I do like the timber of the isobaric bass, and it is tech I will have on my preferred list. Beryllium is another I tend to like for bass timber.

11 Likes

TLDR - The right ear tips make such a difference for all IEMs.

As I slowly adjust to using IEMs again, and since I missed the heck out of listening to music through them, I brought out my very first set (Letshuoer Galileo’s) but I did something a little different this time. I loved my Dunu S&S tips on the S12’s I used to have but sold, mated well with them and to my ear canal. I tried these same ear tips on the Galileo…wow. I was using the stock tips and thought they sounded great, but the S&S win hands down. It honestly, to my ears, changed everything in a more positive manner. I now hear more treble extension and a smidge more air while at the same time a slightly reinforced (and quality) bass presence.

I am holding onto these…was listing them for sale until today. :notes:

5 Likes