IEM discussion thread (Part 2)

Thanks for the info and feedback.

I ordered the KA17. You know the one that wasn’t on my list :wink: @pylaczynski wins

5 Likes

Hey! I mentioned that one first :wink::rofl: just kidding. That’s dope brother, congrats!

3 Likes

Crin

4 Likes

What’s a good fun sounding IEM with good detail at or under $200?

By fun I just mean hard hitting but not overpowering bass and good treble extension without recessed mids.

Right now i’m looking at the:

Binary Chopin
Pula PA02
Tangzu Heyday

Also any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

1 Like

Out of the three, I’ve only heard Chopin. I say it matches your description.
If you want mid bass over sub bass, consider Tanchjim Origin.

maybe it’s just been a while but blasting babymetal with Mext is absolutely amazing

I have heard the Pula PA02 & Heyday.
I can’t recommend either. Pula has bad timbre, strange tuning & kind of low-fi overall.
Heyday is alright, but I found it quite sharp at 5kHz and overall lean. It does not have enough bass for a planar, and imo planar needs a bass boost to sound natural due to how inherently tight and fast they play.

Chopin is good for some, but you have to be okay with that dip in lower mids & upper bass. I’m not!

Here are my recommendations up to roughly $200: Bqeyz Wind, P1 Max.
If you can stretch to ZiiGaat Doscinco, it’s probably really well worth it.

1 Like

New gen of Azla Xelastec tips was released

15 Likes

I like Chopin. I’ve heard all three. Chopin is nice.

1 Like

That´s great news! :slight_smile:

I´m just not that sure if the waxguard really is beneficial…usually I like my bores wide and fully open not influencing the upper registers (and maybe therfore the stage) at all

1 Like

It is a huge benefit for the few (bad designed) iems without a single filter/damper in the nozzle at all.

I would not worry about the effect it has.

200 mesh, looks similar to this.

While that waxguard:

Much bigger bores.

6 Likes

What are the chances that new Xelastecs help not build so much pressure on my Mext, I’m guaranteed to buy those for my Variations though

Well, if you want to reduce pressure via tips, then you need either foam or hybrid tips.

This one should be stickier than most and if it works properly, give you a stronger seal so would have more pressure in the end.

1 Like

Thanks Riku, I´ll probably give these ones at try when all of my other Xelastecs are done.

@apricotblossome A great seal like with Xealstec tips will probably not help you with pressure relieve at all but make it even worse i can imagine

1 Like

foam tips will not be beneficial for the bone conduction of Mext i guess

2 Likes

Nah, it wont really matter as long as you get a good seal (contactt) with your ear as it is the vibrating type BC that is transmitted via the shell itself.

2 Likes

God I thought I was done with the Tip pressure shenanigans when I ignored Pula lol. Back at it again then

I do not see any vents on the inside of it (the part facing your ear), so that is an indicator of it being highly likely to have pressure build up.

1 Like

Divinus Velvets helped eliminate pressure buildup on my meteors (ventless all-BA setup)

Those do indeed help a little bit for me as well. Although not as much as foam or hybrid tips.

1 Like