IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Take a look at oratory1990 and toranku´s EQ for the EX800ST then :joy:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/139BUYf3KRE8HX-vq1H5LrDT4kv89FTVq

-10 db at 5500 hz :joy:

2 Likes

Yea that’s Harman stuff, I get the appeal due to the performance of the driver, but I’m happy with Sony’s version of neutral. I know for enjoyment I’ve got some others that follow the curve more closely. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whats really impressive with the EX800ST is how it passes the test of time quite good(8 year old iem!).

I was using the Xiaomi Piston 2 back then (or maybe it was the Klipsch S4)…

1 Like

Are you guys planning on buying something during this aliexpress sale?

Tanchjim oxygen might be calling me :joy:

Done with Iems for what I expect to be a looong time…

I didn’t know there was a sale. Sales really don’t call me to action. When I want something, I set my sights on it and fixate on it till I have it.

I want to take a break from buying anything audio related since I already have way more than I need. It feels like I’m buying something every week. It goes beyond having a nice IEM to enjoy my music with, it’s about collecting and forming opinions about them, good or bad.

I was planning on taking a break from visiting this site (or any audio related communities) with the hopes I could stop the urge to keep buying stuff since there’s always cool stuff being put in front of my face.

I have this pre-ordered and I’m awaiting my FH3 replacement this week. Do I need more???

2 Likes

A smart choice.

Although depending on what you want to buy, sales sometimes have quite the good deal for you.

For example, the Tanchjim Oxygen costs like 270 usd normally but on this sale you can get it for around 190-210 usd (depending on coupons).

I understand the advantages of sales. lol

I don’t enjoy ordering from Aliexpress because of the shipping times, but unfortunately they appear to have items available no one else has.

Do you want to sell me on the Oxygen? Is there something else I should have my eye on? Once I get my FH3 back, I personally think I’m going to be really happy for a while. I want to get the other finishes when they come out. Was also thinking about picking up the FH5 to finish off my hybrid Fiio collection maybe? My next IEM purchase I was thinking about going big.

well the oxygen is well regarded as one of the best single DD´s in the sub 300 usd range.

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=2AC6CB77B835CCA2!5436&ithint=file%2Cxlsx&authkey=!AE8CwRHBGjvgBRM

on michael bruce´s list it is one of his favourites and ranked high on BGGAR and Crinacle´s too.

I also want it because it seems possible for it to be my first S ranked single DD iem.

LZ A6 is also quite cheap during this sale at 200 usd with coupons maybe around 190 usd.

I personally am not interested in getting more hybrids at the moment (due to the FH3). But still want more “exotic” sets (planar, piezo, est). Sadly the Tin Hifi P2 hasnt been released yet…

The Tri I3 is also quite cheap now at 145 usd, but that size combined with the 3k peak is too risky for me.

You and Hi Fi Dreams have me jazzed over the LZ A6. I added it to my Amazon list. It does appear to be something I’d enjoy hearing.

When does this sale go into effect? EDIT, never mind, I just saw the countdown. lol I might pick up some new cables or something if I can save a few bucks. You’ve got me thinking. Well done.

Sorry for your wallet!

Get some of new kbear upocc, nicehck litzps and the Faaeal litz copper cable. :+1:

1 Like

Which AE store will have the Oxygen on sale? It seems like it’s no longer offered in black? I really wanted the black version.

Vs audio, KRHIFI and NiceHCK

If you use the app you can filter it so you only see the ones with the sale and the ones that accept select coupons.

I prefer silver chrome over black

1 Like

Anyone got an English link to the Unique Melody site ie one that’s not sent from the US? :beers:

https://www.e-earphone.jp/product/search/list/?search_type=1&searchbox=1&search_word=Unique+melody

Cool do they have a translate option because my Chinese/Mandarin is a tad rusty?

Its japanese lol.

No idea though since i never bought anything from them (i believe you need a forwarder).

You’ve just guest I need to brush up on my Japanese too :joy:

Right now, the Mangird Tea is my personal TOTL by a pretty wide margin. Given the fact that the Oxygen is normally almost the same price, it’s still hard for me to justify it. Also, the existence of the HANA at it’s price makes it harder to justify. Though it’s on sale, I don’t think I want to risk buying on AE with standard shipping. I’d much rather buy from Penon with express shipping.

2 Likes

Well I do hope that the oxygen has tamer treble than the Hana.

I also have high expectations of its bass quality.