IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Totally agree ,You convinced me to put the Fat Panda on my next up list. And Crins Project Red sounds interesting.

Anyone know if the HiSenior IEM’s sound dark or bright can’t get a feel from the reviews of the Mega 5P?

2 Likes

Just for fun and a bit out of boredom :smiley:

Still my number one! :star_struck: (with bass boost)

9 Likes

Fantastic pics, buddy :sunglasses: love the KLs

2 Likes

Thanks, glad you like it! :slight_smile: :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I should do standup.

Decided to make my own thread so I can stop spamming you guys :joy: Come say hi!

3 Likes

Some very valid points here when it comes to colab’s and tbh we are getting more colab releases weekly than KZ pump out lol…

4 Likes

:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning: Defenitely :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Reviewers are people too and so not everything they put out is going to be fantastic. But you can tell looking at the graphs which ones were given more time and thought and went more smoothly with the collaborating IEM company…

And which ones fell short for whatever reason (since, again, they’re only human)…

IMO, the collabs are still a fantastic way to get better tuned IEMs since I’ve been around since before the collabs (or at least since the Dusk collab) and the vast vast majority of IEMs that came out had shite tuning. Now, with collabs, we get way wayyy more better tuned IEMs. So take the good with the bad, as the saying goes.

3 Likes

I get this and stuff gets cheaper but its all getting a bit same old, same old… Chifi’s smashed open audiophile IEM’s both cheap and expensive, I really think they’ve peaked? or do we want another “colab” with a pretty face plate and interchangeable cable and 2 db tweak here or there :man_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

IE200 review from Korean YouTubers:

Edit: bit more detail on the nozzle tuning system around 5’30"

4 Likes

What do they say at 5.30, because I personally did not understand anything? The subtitles are also in Korean or some other character. :anguished:

Well of course not and that’s why I didn’t include a certain IEM reviewer whose collabs have been, at best what you state, but mostly practically unchanged except for aesthetics… Hilariously, his one good collab with actually new hardware was limited and so is no longer available :joy:

But anyway, I feel that, actually, we’re improving to where most collabs (except from the aforementioned reviewer) are mostly entirely new IEMs and not just re-tunes. And that’s very awesome!

2 Likes

They said it can be used in two configurations, and when the setting with the opening is used, the IEMs sound more open-back. When you add in silicone vs foam tips, they said it’s a more natural way to tune the sound signature than EQing

1 Like

Ah, ok. Yes, there is logic. I personally wouldn’t touch EQ , i am his sworn enemy :slightly_smiling_face:.

Probably this. When the vent is open, bass shelf should be lowered.

6 Likes

I still have zero understanding of how users are supposed to stop tips being pushed down over the nozzle vent when wearing and fitting them, regardless of how it’s adjusted out-of-ear.

There must be a part to it I’m missing.

4 Likes

From my understanding, this is also very similar (not as intentional I assume) as the nozzle/tip placement on the Dark Magician, no? There’s a vent on the actual nozzle stem and when that is covered up, the bass is boosted pretty significantly.

Senn seems to be embracing this as a technology which is fine by me - but @rattlingblanketwoman makes a good point, how does one stop the tip from sliding down over time? Maybe they’ll include a sort of “o-ring” in the package?

1 Like

That is definitely the main point of concern here. They might have stock tips that are a very tight fit on the nozzle, thus preventing it from moving much. BUT this is gonna be a point of concern when it comes to 3rd party tips, as some tips are very soft and will most likely just be fitted as deep as it can be.

That? Looks to be the same principle.

3 Likes

Yes - that. I haven’t tried personally with my pair but I’ll give it a shot tonight and return back with my findings - just for kicks and giggles.

3 Likes