IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

If that’s the case then I think express shouldn’t be an option for shipping rn

Isn’t express free for orders over $500 and says,” The estimated time of delivery is usually 3-7 Days.” Not sure I see where it says guaranteed and considering there’s a sale I’d expect longer.

I saw nothing that said it takes 3-7 days when I ordered to be fair @MMag05

There is a difference between order preparation and order shipment.
When they say “express is X days”, the sellers only talk about shipment. Sellers rarely talk about preparation time; we are often used to 1 day prep time thanks to amazon, but not every seller works like that. Hifigo and Linsoul can take from 1 day to a week sometimes, just for prep.

And yeah: that sucks :tired_face:

2 Likes

I’m only salty cause people talked so much shit about Drop that I decided not to use them this time and went for HiFiGo but Drop got my Mangird Teas to me in 2 days and I didn’t even pay for express shipping lmao
@Erokh

Why does the quote & reply not work

Ok I gave it a go with the store that I ordered it from and to Moondrop via their support. At this point I am not expecting the result that I wanted to get from the two, for I am willing to save up some cash and just get an another set of Katos to use, but this time it will be the Matte version that I am getting. If they however, comply to my concerns about it, then I would be happy for averting my expectations about it.

3 Likes

Moondrop didn’t honor the warranty on the rather significant number of Aria that basically did the same thing and shorted out as a result. This is a design or production flaw that Moondrop has with their IEMs and I just hadn’t heard about it on the Kato.

1 Like

This is what I got from my email after contacting their support, they told me that I should contact the seller for an after-service, because they are not going to handle the warranty directly.

I did contacted support last night and they will send me an email once they are done analyzing the problem that I have with the Katos and with the seller I talked to. It sucks big time, for I have been using my Katos most of the time and it feels weird not having them in my ears for a while.

1 Like

I had fitting issues with the Timeless and got a S12, which is comfortwise perfect. So are there any other IEM with a similar nozzle size? It seems like that my ears prefers short ones :slight_smile:

1 Like

Shorter nozzles: Tanchjim Oxygen, Blon 03 and EJ07M (metal shell) come to mind

4 Likes

I can confirm EJ07M has a tiny shell and short nozels I use the L Spring Tips and they go deep with a huge bore its awesome!

3 Likes

I got the same story too, but I bought mine from Moondrop ( on Amazon ). The message I got was from them as the seller on Amazon, so they are full of crap.

Moondrop is worse than KZ, because at the least when KZ did the wrong thing and got caught, they gave people their money back. I have had three straight Moondrop products fail to survive 6 months.
They have the worst service in a sector known for shitty service. I gave up on Moondrop sometime last year, and I would sooner buy a KZ IEM at this point, at least those IEMs work.

2 Likes

I think at this point, it makes more sense for me to get the Tripowin X HBB Olinas instead as a replacement for the Katos, since on what you have said about them is true. Yeah it’s kind of an asshole move for them to tell it to me like that and it’s a shame that they are producing IEMs that have excellent sounds and caters to my taste, yet their service is not so good.

5 Likes

Moondrop QC has always been its curse.

Time for that Olina upgrade :wink:

5 Likes

Welp. On a whim, I bid on a set of Andro 2020s. And won. $510.

I really hope I love it.

2 Likes

Yeah probably is the right time now, but for now I will play the waiting game.

1 Like

Yanyin Canon vs Mangird Tea 2?
Or should I just bite the bullet and go for the Kinda Lava? I found on sale for $475

Where did you find that sale?

Go Lava/EJ07m if you can.

5 Likes