IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone else who celebrates! I am thankful that I could be as much a part of your journey as you are a part of mine!

5 Likes

Oh youā€™re gonna make me cry :smiling_face_with_tear: Honoured we were able to make your IEM journey better! And thank you as well for being apart of mine. I agree, this community is so welcoming, friendly, and passionate about music. So glad to have found it!

Happy thanks giving everyone! :turkey: (to those how celebrate it/happy weekend to those who donā€™t :joy:)

5 Likes

Caved and ordered the P5. At least this one is under $300 so not such a hard price to chew on a blind buy

2 Likes

P5 is getting all the hype, but what Iā€™m really curious is the Audi Ehhiku at $200 (3DD/ 4BA) :thinking: but the graph is really holding me backā€¦

Ok, how about this if I get 12+ hearts on this Iā€™ll pull the trigger for you guys :joy:

13 Likes

Challenge Accepted. You want the excuse to go for it, I donā€™t have to be asked twice lol

1 Like

Bro, have u seen the graph?

But have my like

Yaā€¦ graph isnā€™t looking too hot. No reviews on it yet so Iā€™m curious.

1 Like

Youā€™d go on ā€œletā€™s make a dealā€ and pick the mystery box, wouldnā€™t you? Haha

2 Likes

Yo thereā€™s mystery boxes?? They any good LOL

Bought last, came first. Jim the one man army :saluting_face:

11 Likes

First impressions?

Jesus Christ - how beautiful can a bud be?! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Have u seen his paintings?

https://jimpark.ca/

And no, they aint pictures lol

6 Likes

Ascend GIFs | Tenor

Not even joking those were my actual reactions in that order. Regardless of the form --iem, bud, headphones, whatever-- to be able to make something this good Jim HAS to be on some good good for sure. AND $200 for the sound youā€™re getting is EASY EASY no brainer rec. 100% agree with @nymz here Jim has to be selling these at a loss, or heā€™s just severely undercutting himself lol.

To me they easily compete with my DM and EJ07, which are two of my favourite IEMsā€¦ Best timbre and dynamics Iā€™ve heard so far (maybe besides the U12T but I donā€™t have that anymore so canā€™t A/B). Wide and expansive staging. Amazing separation and imaging (although not 3D but that might be due to fit :man_shrugging:), and great clarity. Sub-bass is quick but also has great note-weight, along with clean separation in the mid-bass. Only small nitpick really is that transients could be slightly sharper, but resolution wise Iā€™d put it in the same ballpark as the EJ/DM. Note that these are only first impressions though (~1 hour+ of listening time).

If the Performer 5 is comparable as the Dusk and Iā€™ve owned the Dusk before, then the Serratus easily wipes the floor with it for my library (loud volume rock, alternative, ballads, instrumentals). Do yourselves the favor and buy the Serratus and support Jim. This is coming from a guy with fit issues when it comes to earbuds btw (typing this while it slowly falls out of my ears LOL).

11 Likes

What the fuck

1 Like

Welcome to the gang! You can also hang out here: TGXEAR discussion thread. | Page 27 | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

2 Likes

I do not lie about my feelings regarding sets. I told Jim after I heard serratus and done the review in like 1hour that it was the easiest rec of my life.

Sure, you exporadicly see me reccing a kilobuck, but my opinion wont count. Someone whos diving in a 2k set should at least know what heā€™s getting.

When you get something this good for 200 bucks, all you gotta do is to tell its story and the market will dictate the rest. Theres now enough impressions for people to realize it wasnt all a dream, but a leap of faith.

Welcome to Tgxā€™s dreamland bro, you are in for a ride.

8 Likes

Thanks for the rec bro :pray: You put another hole in my wallet, but Iā€™m glad I pulled the trigger. Performer 5 WHO? Might regret my words later, but for me Serratus is where itā€™s at under $500, and maybe even over $500 (but will need to A/B more and waiting for RSV and SA6U to arrive). So musical, emotional, and gave me goosebumps everywhere.

Also, any tips to get a better fit? :sweat_smile: Is there a way to make it less slippery and a deeper insertion? (without performing a c-section in my ears ty)

4 Likes

Tilt them 45 degrees in the direction of ur eyes

2 Likes

Oh, Iā€™m already doing that. Usually lasts around 30 minutes before I need to readjust. Was wondering if thereā€™s different foams or stuff like that.