ring ring

Hello?!
Hello!
Who dis?
Dis is wallet. Who are you kind sir?
Name is Jim, nice to meet you.

2 Likes

New Xinhs cable alert!
Got a new 2 part cable for my IE600. Itā€™s a custom short cable so I can use when my qudelix 5K is clipped around my collar and then a long extension for when Iā€™m running my source in my pocket. Everything is top notch although I asked for no slider but one is on there :frowning:. Not sure the best way to remove it

5 Likes

Crack it with gradual plier pressure? If itā€™s A plastic bead like it seems. Could weaken it by scoring a line with a junior hacksaw first.

1 Like

maybe a nutcracker would be easier than a plier?

1 Like

Yeah i like these ideas. Itā€™s definitely plastic so should snap easily enough

Iā€™ve just used a hammer on concrete and it worked quite well as long as you controlled it for those bead sliders. Avoids potential problems with pliers where if you squeeze too hard and it cracks and slips it bites into the cable. And little risk of cutting the cable by accident as well

2 Likes

I got a couple cables like that sadly the IEM one I have is CHONK big heavy interconnect part, the headphone one is fine besides the extension I got being a bit long

1 Like

The extension is a bit longer than I wanted although I havenā€™t measured it yet. I tried it very briefly and itā€™s honestly not too weighty which was my main concern. I love short cables with the Q5K which is mostly how I listen so having the option of extending it is nicer than switching to a longer cable when I need. All in all Iā€™m very pleased

I have to say a Bass tuck sounds wonky to me tooā€¦

3 Likes

I use a BTR5 myself, might get myself a couple even nicer short cables if the Focal Radiance joins the IE900 in the too good to leave my head category

1 Like

This is why Variations tunings donā€™t work for me.
Just sucks the life and authenticity out of the music!

5 Likes

Hammer worked like a charm. One tap and the slider exploded haha

3 Likes

Thatā€™s an absolutely gorgeous cable - oh have I become a gluten for beautiful cables :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Im loving it and the interconnect is not heavy at all! Very pleased with my choice

Regarding the Truthear Hexa i got in the other day. Grabbed this mostly just to see the current state of chifi. I prefer all other forms of listening over IEMs if im being hinest, but like to keep some iems around for their convenience factor and noise isolation, hence why I typically stay on the budget side with iems.

I saw the graph of these and they caught my attention because it appeared to be a much more neutral set than the typical chifi v shape or Harman-like signature. Gave them a good listen today while cleaning the house, off a earstudio es100, and foam tips. Fit is very good, didnā€™t have to adjust them in my ear once while moving about cleaning. Pretty small overall shell. Sound wise, Iā€™d call these very well balanced, never harsh, mid focused with a very little bit of bass boost, solid extension in the bass, treble is polite but not dark, mids are well placed, not too far back or forward. Decent imaging, canā€™t comment on stage yet, feel like that one thing I need to listen more critically to comment on.

Overall pretty impressed with these for the price. I do feel like these are better overall than others Iā€™ve heard in the price range some years ago. Nothing mind blowingly amazing, but a very solid performer for $80 imo. Ill be adding this to my long term modest collection of 2 others. Many IEMs have come and gone for me, but as of right now i consider this one a keeper.

7 Likes

Anyone ever have a pair of IEM that the fit was not great too big ā€¦ And after a while becomes super comfy? This happened to me wondering if my ears stretched LOL!

Your ear canals can definitely adjust their size. If you want to see/feel for youself put some foam tips that are a size larger than you normally would use on an IEM with shallow insertion, use the tip of your pinky finger to give yourself an idea of how big the opening to your ear canal is normally, then compress the tips, insert them in your ear, and wear them for an extended period. An hour is a hood place to start.

When the time is up, remove the IEMs and ā€œmeasureā€ your ear canalā€™s opening with your pinky finger. With mine itā€™s pretty obviously larger after wearing the IEM. You can do it with deeper insertion IEMs too, but itā€™s more difficult to get a finger in far enough to get some idea of what, if any, changes may have occurred.

Obviously this doesnā€™t prove longer term changes over a longer period of time, but itā€™s well known that consistently wearing anything that applies pressure can deform the body. Just look at corsets, wedding rings, ballet shoes, foot bindings, plugs or larger piercings, those rings used by several cultures to stretch their necks, etc. All that to say, your ear changing to accommodate an IEM by wearing that IEM enough or just by wearing others frequently seems absolutely possible to me.

3 Likes

Makes sense thanks , super happy that the SE12 feels right in my ear now for me it is my End Game I canā€™t see a another IEM doing what this one does for me.

1 Like

Alrighty folks, I need a recommendation: I am searching for a good TWS IEM with ANC under 150 USD. Can be used too. Any suggestions? Tried Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro after seeing some good reviews and they are sibilant, way too V shaped, grainy crackling sound when ANC is on, and the touch controls are finicky. Would like better sound performance so that I donā€™t go from listening to beautiful Olina & excellent earbuds to muddy or sibilant rubbish.

Considering:

• Edifier Neobuds Pro
  • SoundPEATS Life

Not considering:

• Sony WF-1000XM series

Cheers!

HUAWEI FreeBuds Pro 2 can be found around 150 western coin (USD, EUR, GBP) - My personal favorite.

I ordered the Oppo Enco X2 for 119ā‚¬ - reviews are all good, co-created with Dynaudio is promising, similar tech as the Freebuds:

I can first comment on the sound around middle of December.

6 Likes