IEM recs for under $50, $100, $150, $200

What did you think of Kailua?

Doesn’t have treble for my ear so I don’t love it, but it’s an upgrade on QKZ HBB. I’d probably lean to 7Hz Legato but I wouldn’t try to convince someone to not get Kailua. It’s fine

1 Like

I am not sure if I would compare it to the QKZ x HBB, but only because they are very different tuning. The QKZ is very bass heavy, and I mean all of it, not just sub-bass.

I think of the Kailua as a more neutral tuning of the Olina SE. It has a little less treble and bass, but reminds me of that set, with more intimate sound stage.

1 Like

Wait, what what what?!
No Simgot EA500, lol. ('cause have a set that I have yet to audition)

Prefer the KZ PR2 v1 to the OG Wu, (with small bore tips to enhance bass).
Could be influenced by cost benefit ratio. (Did return Wu before ordering PR2.)

1 Like

I forgot to come back to this but I went through a bunch of stuff and I got thoughts now:

• Between $100-200
    • Safe Choice: Raptgo Bridge - Has a brighter profile overall but has tuning nozzles (also has tuning switches but they don’t do anything) that can bring the upper-end energy down and make it less intense. Not a ton of bass but a nice quality bass that is fun and engaging. If I was starting my journey over (knowing what I know now) and was going to buy one set under $200, this would be the one
    • Riskier choice: Simgot EM6L - Is very similar to Bridge in it’s stock form, but has no way to reduce the upper-end energy so you have to commit to liking that style of sound or have materials to mod it yourself. The easier “plug-and-play” option is Bridge
4 Likes