IEMs for Story mode Gaming🎮?

For me I’d go Simgot em6l. It’s nice. And only 110.

3 Likes

why Earbuds? and any earbud recommedation?

My man Jay why you choose Simgot em6l specifically for story mode gaming

I mean it’s cheap, sounds right. Story gaming is just whatever you like.

1 Like

Earbuds like Roku buds do imaging and stage better than IEMs do at 1/3 the cost. The biggest issue is no noise isolation so they only work in quite rooms and some peoples ears don’t get along with them

1 Like

Only reason to NOT use earbuds for gaming would be if you need isolation. Otherwise iems really doesnt do anything better than buds that is important for gaming.

3 Likes

any recommendations around 200$

1 Like

Rikudou Goku any recommendations around 200$

1 Like

Well, since you want something for story mode (non-competitive/fps), I say something more “fun” is better so the Saber 3 will suit that. And since you probably want something that you can use 24/7, the shells used for my gen 3 lineup will work the best for that.

PM me if you are interested.

2 Likes

Take a look at thruthear red, tonally accurate, plenty of bass and the soundstage is pretty good for $55 iem. Also they keep up with most iems under $500.

1 Like

Imo the Red is a pretty mediocre set and I put so many sets over it that are < $100. Also bass is not as important as techs in gaming.

1 Like

I’d agree with the techs part but immersion is what they were after. Before my dog got them I picked up the reds 90% more than my other expensive iems. Good thing we all hear different and appreciate things differently.

1 Like

so cal_lando what is your iem(s) recommendations around 200$

Honestly I haven’t tried much recently in the $100-200 range. For IEMs that would be good for gaming I would lean towards neutral bright sets so out of sets I have heard I would go EA500 or the S12. It’s tough at that price point imo.

The next price point up that has some good options is $300-400 but you may be able to find some of those sets in the $200 range used. Such as peformer 8 and blessing 2/3

1 Like

thoughts on peformer 5 and HeyDay or kiwi ears quintet can put in order from the best to worst for my purpose?

I completely forgot about the hey dey! Thats a good set for gaming imo as well. I haven’t tried the quintet but if your budget can stretch it seems like a great set! Honestly though for gaming I don’t think you are going to notice a huge difference between a $50 set and a $300 set as long as its tuned well with good stage. I would do the EA500 and then some buds with the rest so you can try both and see what works for your situation

1 Like

I had a bad Heyday, but it has a nice sound. (cable was faulty) so it burned me a lttle, kiwi ears quintet has the best resolution of the price, Aful 5 is the best tuned probably. All 3 are very good, and easy recommendations. Style would be a huge thing in which set is best.

If you EQ go Quintet, if you don’t Aful 5, if you can tolerate a possibly bad cable and plannar timber then go Heyday. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I forgot to talk about the P5. It’s a really good set and imo a good value if you are going one all rounder. To my ears it leans warm and intimate which makes it not super ideal for games. Great for music though!

1 Like

I also bought this last month.

2 Likes

Jaytiss how easy/hard to EQ The Quintet? and what would you change in the tuning?