Ifi zen can static noise

Well the dt have the sibalance that really annoys me, mids seem reccesed or not forward enough, i changed the pads tho to some pleather ones from beyer but they fit very tight on the headphone and have smaller ear opening less than 3 knuckles tho it is better than the stock velour pads. I ordered 2 more pads from aliexpress to see if they are gonna make the fit better. I dont think so if they are in america, i heard the topping d10s is good or smsl su-6, what do you think?

you find the DT770 sibilant on the iFi Zen DAC?

I dont have the dac i have just the ifi zen can + fiio btr5

oooh! get the DAC!

Haha. You really recommend it that much?

1 Like

yessir! they were built for each other!

Hmm, will consider it!

1 Like

I heard you also wanted to get the hd660s. Did you get them? How do you like them? Are there no pads to change with that wont change the sound in a negative way?

1 Like

I want the HD600 the most, but would like to experience the 650 and 660s, yes. I do not have any as of yet.

Ah i see. I did actually get a chance to listen to the 660s will listen to the 650 sometime this summer. Liked them more than the dt770 definitely because of the comfort and more forward mids and less sparkly highs. Quite nice:)

1 Like

Are you in a dusty environment (eg. desert, mine, quarry nearby)? If so, there may just be dust in the potentiometer.

Does the noise lessen when the laptop is running on battery? As in: Not connected to its charger.

I am not.

Does not make a difference.

1 Like

letā€™s call in @sebastien_chiu_iFi from iFiā€¦

change your USB cable or low down bit rate in Windows to 44.1

Why would i want to lower the bit rate? I have song that are higher than 44.1.

Edit: does the static even without the btr5 connected just with the rca plugged in.

because itā€™s a diagnostics measure.

Same issue.

I have a Zen Dac (V1) and a Zen Can connected to each other with an official short ifi 4.4 cable and my headphones are also connected with a balanced cable. So, when turning the volume knob in either direction there is static noise no matter what. Used independently they still do that and the noise intensifies when increasing the gain. I had a Zen Dac V2 which I used for a month before returning it and that one had the same thing happen. Thereā€™s nothing you can about it.
The only trick I found was to turn the volume knob with my thumb while touching the Dac or Can with the other 4 fingers. Basically put your hand on top of the Dac and turn the knob with your thumb.
I also keep the Can underneath the Dac instead of the other way around. The headphones are connected to the Can but I use the knob on the Dac to control most of the the volume. I use that because itā€™s slightly heavier, smoother and has absolutely no static noise, if you do the hand trick I mentioned above. Try it! Youā€™ll see what Iā€™m talking about