🔷 iFi Zen Dac/Amp v2

And what point would that be exactly? Hmmm? Here is a point… I will not allow you to tell me what to think or how I should spend my money. If I don’t like something, I will not be a hypocrite and spend my hard earned cash on it. End. Of. Story. I am now done with this. Enjoy your day, Sir.

Now, let us return this thread to its rightful owner, the Ifi Zen DAC/Amp.

And you’re STILL missing the point. If I have to spell it out for you, you’re out of luck…

If you want to remain stubborn and closeminded, then so be it. Your loss. Sucks to be you.

So in your own words…

END. OF. STORY.

1 Like

It’s all good. I respect your point of view.

1 Like

Good. Let’s end this.

1 Like

Thanks for keeping that respect in mind throughout all this discussion and returning it to our little buddy!

2 Likes

Sounds exactly what I am looking for. What headphones and amp are you using??

1 Like

Zen DAC > Cavalli Liquid Carbon X > Klipsch HP-3

I should also be getting some headphones in the mail today actually. LSA HP-2 Ultra

And welcome to HiFi Guides!!

3 Likes

Update:

The LSA HP-2’s are awesome . . . that is all.

3 Likes

Nice pairing you got there!!!

2 Likes

Thanks :+1: will have a good look at the LSA currently only own Ollo S4x headphones and a Xduoo X-05 plus amp/dac

1 Like

I don’t know how this works, but the 5v iFi adapter seems to add more separation or room between the channels, you are way more aware of left and right channels in a clear sort of way.

7 Likes

Glad it could be of added benefit to your setup mate!

So does v2 allow for windows digital volume adjustment or is that still not a thing?

It does. Keep in mind you can’t do it in exclusive mode!

Has anyone had the chance to try both the V1 and V2 for comparison?
I read the table on iFi’s site listing the hardware upgrades, but I’m curious whether the newer components have made any appreciable impact on performance.

The only difference is MQA, and MQA has been proven to be a scam, so…

Not exactly true. There have been various other internal improvements made, including faster clock speed and internal processor timing.

I just got my ifi ZEN DAC V2 this Jun. It is super clear and I just love the instrument isolation it provides. And began my subscription to Tidal as well. MQL sounds amazing, so does MQL studio. However I tried to stream DSD 5.2 and apparently my network wasn’t good enough? I have Verizon 500 up and 500 down fiber. Where or how do I listen to DSD?

I upgraded from Korean Audinst HUD-MX1. I really tried to upgrade to separate stacks this time, but my budget was just too low. I was looking into Topping E30 & L30 (found rumors that L30 burned some headphones). Looked over Schiit stack (the main competitor) and found some reviewers say the Heresy wasn’t well built or that it started ringing. If anyone has a better suggestion for a stack that’s better than ifi Zen DAC V2, please let me know. And I see people keep mentioning Burr-Brown chips don’t measure well…but does that really mean E30 & L30 sound better?

1 Like

Without FLAC being readily available I found MQA to be really pleasurable to listen to. I found it to be comparable to DSD52 even.

1 Like

“Measure better” doesn’t always mean “sound better”. I might add the Zen Can to the Zen Dac though to really make those Hifiman Headphones shine though. The Zen line is warmer than the Topping or Schiit offerings and personally speaking I think that works well with the Sundaras. I compared it to the JDS Labs Atom Amp for example, which is a much more “neutral” amp closer to the Topping or Schiit ones (people say the Heresy sounds identical) and I found that distortion could get a little harsh on the Sundaras.