In-Line Equalizer Options

Overlooked at at the end there :neutral_face:

I tried to give you as much first hand info about it that i could. hope that helps in your decision making process :hugs:

1 Like

Now, other than pro stuff, I don’t think there are any well known ones available balanced fo the regular home market. I may be wayyy off, just never seen one personally.

1 Like

Hi there,
I tried the Apo and didn’t really get along with the program. It was just too much gimmick and above all not enough authenticity. I deliberately chose the Loki. I saw the Bellari but was not convinced. Even if it was in Europe was difficult to get to the Loki, I ordered it directly from Schiit and I am still very satisfied today, with which it is child’s play to quickly and easily give exactly what I would like to out, and the other way around with the Denon Ah D7200, so for me the perfect shit product that shouldn’t be missing if you want to tune your headphones.
I do not regret the purchase until today, much more the purchase of the Magni 3 back then, the Vali 2 is much better
I checked the equalizer before I grabbed the Loki and the horny people are extinct. If you find something oldschool moderately from the 80s and 90s. And unfortunately you buy the pig in a poke. This year the first Dac comes out who has a built-in equalizer and the rest of the bells and whistles. However, Jan Meier will certainly not sell at a ridiculously low price. I have never heard of a product from him, so I can’t say anything about it, just one thing that he apparently also produces in China But it advertises with Made in Germany, but unfortunately every company does that, which is why I took the Loki back then. Even for the price they build it in America, I say that as a European and I think it’s extremely cool. It really doesn’t need for the headphones More for my feeling. Even if an 8 band would be really cool to be able to fine tune again. And if Schiit brings it out I would be the first to buy one.

1 Like

Not meant for HiFi, but what is good enough for mastering should do just fine at home :wink:

Elysia xFilter

The only check this fails is “reasonable price”

Well if we are doing that, I love my Chandler TG12345 Curve Bender, I use it on almost all of my masters at this point

Wouldn’t a balanced EQ require two separate sets of sliders or parametric knobs? My understanding of balanced is that it’s essentially dual mono, keeping the L and R channels as completely separate as possible so they don’t interfere with each other. My googling shows that professional EQs are about the only ones with XLR or balanced connections and not surprisingly they have 2 sets of sliders/knobs, one set per channel. So, if one were to get one for home use, it would be twice the amount of work that something like a Loki would be.

Reasonable price is parameter number 1…because if I was going to spend a lot of money, I would just buy the RME-ADI 2. :slight_smile:

1 Like

'Cause I’m a heathen in the eyes of the Audio Gods.

SMSL SU-8 V2
XLR: straight to SP200
RCA: JDS LABS Subjective (EQ) > Schitt Sys (passive switch, no color, pot is maxed) > XDuoo TA-01 and SP200

No noise at max volume in either XLR or RCA (EQ activated or bypassed) while using my LCD-2C and HE560 at high gain. No noise at low gain with Blon’s in either, but hissy at 2pm on high gain on both switches (not unusual and neither XLR or RCA is hissier than the other).

SCIENCE!

IMG_1855

1 Like

Are those EQ’s for both left and right? why do that? you’d have to set your settings twice.

look at this one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002E50U4/?coliid=IN4ZRKWGJ5JQY&colid=GJFOZMCQDHUT&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

31 bands, balanced and only 140$ this any good?

For the xFilter, no. Look at the knobs again.

The right one sets where the EQ works, the left one is the amplification/attenuation for that frequency.

The chandler looks to me to be seperate EQs though.

Parametric EQs (like the Curve Bender and xFilter) are WAY more complicated circuit wise than a graphic EQ.

Important: The ART 351 is single channel! Means you need two if you don’t want your music in mono.

ok what? nvm this makes no sense

Might be just me but i get a feeling that ur text’s kinda mixes and twist’s depending to thread?
Sometimes you would go all in to get the best… and then you pick pocket chains for scraps?

I mean i’m all in with the “more you pay the better you get” or “find the best for u’r cash”. Sometimes even “all in for something” but you have know the product or the benefits what you are paying. Not just the cake dressing and it’s dog poop inside.
So it’s pretty hard to read and understand the logic and get the good or bad pointers you give.

I’m sorry but can you correct your post? i cant understand what your saying

Stereo audio device:

Insert input/output on professional equipment:

ok… lol, guess i expected a EQ to be in stereo lol. maybe its some kinda studio thing. back to browsing amazon :weary: