Is a higher minimum wage better, or higher amounts of hours and benefits better?

Well at least I won’t take sides on these kinds of topic :joy:

And yet…

I hate to say I saw this coming.

I think min wage should be more than 15hr. I live in the most expensive states in america. Also i want cheap imported goods.

cut/balance the budget and monetary regulation. While were at it.

I’d like to see more domestic produced goods at reasonable prices. I’m all for better prices and livable wages, but I’m more for a free job market.
I like being able to see the mom and pop shops flourish. They’ve been some of the best places to grab a bite to eat, and I’ve gotten some of the best customer service from them. There are bad eggs for certain, and there are great chain stores as well. My favorite burger joint is still 5 Guys. My favorite vape shops have all been one off small business. Particularly the ones who make their own fluid.
If we wanna get technical, HAC and Grado are small businesses. It wouldn’t surprise me if ZMF or Modhouse were as well. I’m certain many would be rather displeased if they died off due to increased business expenses, or prices getting hiked, or reduced product quality. They are all also US based.

Automation and the internet is fucking up the program. Wont get a push back by me if you want to pay a premium for boutique, its your money.

But trying to turn back the clock and making domestic manufacturing great again ? sense those days are long over.

Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t like to see more manufacturing being brought back. For example, if more good quality US made tools where made in the US at a half decent price rather then at a 3x-4x price, I’d be happy to look into them.

Guess i would go with whatever is in stock. But i dont like the idea of the government going in and setting the market price like the other poor bastards on the forum getting charged buy local tax. Fuck all that mess. Excuse the language all but were talkin turkey.

1 Like

That I agree with. I don’t like government getting too involved in the market.

1 Like

Im all for states rights, if your town can turn a profit more power to you. All the “culture war” nonsense could give a good goddamn. Thats just more excuse to extort more money.

We don’t have a minimum wage so cannot comment on that.
Think the low cost jobs pay is around 10 usd / h like in burger joints + government support helps everyone to have “Basic needs” covered and the high progressive taxing keeps everyone in “not happy” mood.

About the “october strikes” is kinda curios and something i find hard to understand?
If you have a small business or work there. You probably will keep the shop open and in business.

If you own a large / corporate business or part of it Or work there.
You personally and probably have to be at work and one day does nothing. They have money and want to make more of it. Ain’t that what US is kinda based on?

So what will one day help in the big picture?

Im all for cutting the big executives and management income and bonuses. They usually are lot compared to the working people.
Since they make enough yearly and even 1 monthly salary cut’s don’t make a difference to them but with that money, you could give working people little extra. Making more happy employees.

We actually had big news about the postal executive, giving 1 months salary away… while he got a big bonus that was 3 times the money he lost… so he made like +double income that month. So it was all “marketing and shield shining” and one time… Lose 5$ but receive like 13$ at the same time but like… no.

1 Like

Maybe instead of taco bell and super walmart every 7 miles have one every 12 miles ? If civilization dont implode my taco bell subcription will be delivered by a robot within the next 10 years.

Im ok with that.