I've got a larger desk and $1500 to upgrade. Guide me along the path

That’s gonna be a squeaky clear sounding combo, there should be no detail lost. Hope you enjoy and happy listening.

I can’t speak from experience with either component, so I hope you enjoy them. I do think based on what I’ve heard, the combo will lean pretty analytical bright, so any headphone you pick out, as @DagoRed alludes to should maybe be a little more on the warm side of neutral without significant treble peaks to counter it a bit.

Also, if you were looking for a truly balanced chain, you do lose some of that with the THX, as it does not use discrete components internally. So the balanced input signals are summed before reaching the output stage where they are ‘reconstituted’ as balanced. Others can speak better to technicals, but that’s my non-EE input. Not sure if that was a significant consideration for you based on some of the earlier thread.

1 Like

I do think the rme ADI-2 FS is a good piece of kit. You probably will never use all its features but they are there. It may also sound better by itself than stacked with a THX.

I would also say used is your friend with most audio things.

1 Like

Just finished building my desk set up, Topping DX7 pro (AMAZING), S3000 pro powered speakers, MacBook Pro, 32in monitor on an arm to move easy. Finishing it off with a small 8in sub (airmotiv SE8) which should be here this weekend. Super happy with it, the DX7 is a dac/preamp for speakers and runs off usb from Mac streaming Amazon HD at up to 24bit / 196khz. It also lets you send balanced xlr to speakers and a rca to sub at the same time. Its a beast.

3 Likes

Where did you get your sound treatment? I like that .

Just used some thumb tacks to put up.

2 Likes