Just got into the hobby

Hmm, so regarding sound, what do you like sound wise? Perhaps you could figure out what headphones you might want in the future

Neutral or balanced and warm ( LOL )

Hmmm, how much are you looking to spend

I donā€™t have a figure for it, depending on how much it costs, Iā€™ll just have to save a bit and stop spending so much with wine lol

Hmm well letā€™s just say around the 1k range for now. What type of music do you listen to again, and what is important in a pair of headphones for you? What do you like and dislike? Since you are in europe what you can get ahold can be iffy at times. Also because Iā€™m stupid are you in the UK (just because I saw the pound sign)

Also right now, I think you should buy a good quality amp first, and then go for headphones later on (and a dac after that)

I like to listen to jazz, blues and soul music with headphonesā€¦ Rock and other genres kinda make me smash the headphones as I tend to forget that Iā€™m using a headphone when Iā€™m enjoying a great song lol

Iā€™m mostly looking for something neutral or balanced and warm, Iā€™m quite sensible to bass, so, no crazy bass focused headphones lol

Yes, Iā€™m in Manchester, England, I thought the word ā€œmateā€ had given my location ages ago LOL

I think I have a combo that would be very up your alley. Perhaps look for a used focal clear and a rupert neve rnhp, thatā€™s an awesome headphone that is very balanced and impressive with well recorded music such as jazz, blues, and soul

If you were looking for something a bit warmer with more impact, the audeze lcd 2 (newer revisions with the fazor) would be something to try for sure, and you could pair that with something like a burson soloist SL mk2 or cayin iha6.

There are other headphones too of course, I just think that these would suit your preferences well (some others may be too warm or bassy, and some may be to bright)

All the amps are doable, the headphones howeverā€¦Iā€™ll bookmark it for decemberā€¦ LOOOL

mate, thanks for the tips!

Lol, well the main thing right now is getting an amp, as I think thatā€™s the weakest part of your setup atm. The k712 would benefit from a better amp with more power imo. I would consider choosing an amp based on what path you want to take in the future

Would this be the correct audeze lcd 2? https://www.hifonix.co.uk/detail/audeze-lcd-2-classic-planar-magnetic-headphone

that store is quite nice and got loads of options lol

That is the lcd 2 classic, not exactly what I was talking about, here is the lcd 2 I was referring to
https://www.hifonix.co.uk/detail/audeze-lcd-2-bamboo-planar-magnetic-headphone

You can find the lcd2 used for less

So the lcd2 classic has a more darker fun signature, not as refined as the lcd2 imo

Btw, how does the Burson Audio Soloist SL MK2 Headphone Amplifier compares to the rupert neve rnhp?!
Both have the same price here in the UK, Iā€™m struggling to decide which one I should buy lol.

It depends on what headphones you want to go with imo. The burson is a warmer more impactful amp, where the rnhp is a bit more natural/neutral but less impactful. I think for which one you go for would depend on what headphones you want, both are great