Kato/Spring 2 doubt. Need some recommendations

glad that you enjoyed Olina. did you use it stock or modded?

Olina Stock.

3 Likes

I would personally skip the Canon unless you can get a used one at a good price. I got nothing against it but I personally think itā€™s a noticeable but minor upgrade on the Olina. YMMV though

The yanyinn has a lot of hype. Some people compare the Cannon against the Monarch MK2.
Honestly, Iā€™d rather be more accurate with the purchase or just be happy and enjoy the Olinaā€™s which are fine.

The Mangird Tea mk2 might be the one for me. I liked the Tea mk1, but Iā€™m looking forward to the Raptgo Hook.

1 Like

Might be worth seeing how the dunu vulkan hype plays out. It should be out soon. Havenā€™t gotten a good fix on price.

1 Like

S12 is said to be very similar to the timeless, so Iā€™d advise you against this one: you already have timeless AND donā€™t like it.

S12 and Hook-X are just a slightly different timeless, if you didnā€™t care for the timeless you wonā€™t care for them
EDIT: BGGARā€™s spider graph from his planar wars video sums it up very well

I liked it but I donā€™t think it does things that I consider important well. But it does.
If I donā€™t mind spending I would go for the EJ07ā€¦ But it is worth 8 times more than the Olina. 8 times.

I value your comment and I think I think like you.
There are people who hear s12 very differently from Timeless. Thatā€™s why I have my doubts. But come on the Tea 2 is postulated as an option.
That or wait for something even more interesting to come out in the near future.

Itā€™s a really good IEM donā€™t get me wrong. Its just I donā€™t think itā€™s a big enough improvement over the Olina to warrant dropping $350 on it. I have never heard the monarch and likely never will as those are all out of my budget range.

Iā€™m very interested in the serial cause it seems like Olinas big brother but seems like Penon might have some QA issues.

I have seen some used EJ07M KLs going for under $500 US. If thatā€™s not out of your price range it might be a good bump up from the Olina.

S12, much treble in some songsā€¦ but the rest is very nice. Iā€™m looking for something with Chu tonality (that I have) but with the techs of S12ā€¦ Kato is this IEM? or iā€™m looking for something more expensive?