Kiwi Ears Orchestra, FiiO FH7 / FD7, or

From the rather luke warm reviews I pick up here and there it sounds like a $500 price tag would be perfectly fine to make it a very decent contender in the Dunu Studio SA6 / ThieAudio Oracle / Kiwi Ears Orchestra / Moondrop Variations league. I’m guessing there will be a reduction to $550 max pretty soon to not only attract FiiO and berrylium fan boys.

drftr

1 Like

I saw BGGARs review and thought it sounded interesting so I decided to roll the dice. I’ve only had it a day but thus far i really really love it. Way more put together than the Dunu Zen (o.g., not pro). This may actually be getting close to to what I’m looking for in an IEM, which is a kind of Focal Elex/Clear sound. It’s not the last word in extension up top, but it’s not as rolled off as the zen, vocals are very natural as well, just a bit lifted but not “shouty”. Not quite hearing Campfire bass here but i’ve heard folks say you need 100+ hrs on them before they’ll settle in so I won’t call that one just yet.

2 Likes

Have you checked the AudioLevels review on them? That’s a LOT of praise…

drftr

No I haven’t, I’m not familiar with them. Got a link?

and

drftr

You mean FD7 or 7HZ?

I think you mixed them up :wink:

I’m interested in the FiiO but since the other poster talked about the 7Hz I thought I’d help him, as he tried to help me by suggesting the 7Hz. It definitely fills in the “or” in the title of this thread! I’m active on the 7Hz thread as well so I may have caused some confusion all the same.

drftr

1 Like

I am looking for a single DD = they are both on my radar, so for me, your 7HZ reviw postings were perfect.

1 Like

I’m currently doing a whole study (!) for anything between $200 - $1,500. Started with just over 30 candidates and have narrowed it down to 7 by now, driven by having to gamble on fit issues reviewers warned for, and the most balanced / neutral / coherent sound. I’d be interested to hear what you come up with.

drftr

Me too :wink:
I am really on the fence re what single DD to get, but I am in no rush. Currently I lean towards the 7HZ and postpone the DD search.

2 Likes