List the headphones that like to be on a tube amp

My ha300 has speaker outs as well, and I know of a few headphone amps that have that feature

1 Like

what does that have to do with headphones that like tub amps, M0N?

Not one that I have tried. So far I have gone through Loxjie P20, Vali 2 and Zduoo TA-20. The last two are nice amps, but are in no way “tubey”.

I was responding to polygon regarding a tube amp that can drive both headphones and speakers

1 Like

ah! Quad has two options as well…the PA One+ for headphones and the VA One+ that’s for speakers but has a headphone out as well.

https://www.quad-hifi.co.uk/pa-one-plus/

https://www.quad-hifi.co.uk/va-one-plus/

Have the HD600’s here for a few years…the best parings with tube amps I have myself witnessed and own are the Bottlehead Crack w/ CCS update…

Also the Schiit Vahalla 2 on high gain is EXCELLENT as well.

There are several others depending on your budget…Hageman Audio in Hawaii makes a “TUBA” tube amp, parafeed with EL84’s for $649 on sale…that also is excellent with the 600’s…

Tuba Headphone Amplifier

Alex

Is fischer still around?

Thoughts on kennerton m12?

oooh…Kennerton headphones are slick looking!

also, can’t make heads nor tails of Fischer’s website…Google Translate can’t even make sense out of it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I got it to translate and all it said was this website is disabled :man_shrugging:

I run my Focals on SS and tube amps…both with stellar results…lots of personal preferences for sure…one of the best amps in the past few years with the Clears were recently with the TUBA amp with 6BQ5 EI NOS tubes…gosh its a 11/10 holographic good…the other 10/10 sound for me was with the $2K ECP T4…and those that have the 3F (designed just for the Clears and its hanging driver) state the 3F with the Clears is the best, period…) I never have heard the 3F but the ECP T4 is designed by the same guy.

That said I use the Clears on THX AAA 887, Jotenhiem, Magni 3, Burson Fun (V6 vivids), Noir and others as well…but the holographic magic for me is on the tube amps mentioned above.

Alex

My clears typically stay on my niimbus us4+, concert fidelity XHP-7, or rupert neve rnhp. Most tube amps I have heard the clears on has been meh for me where I would rather have a solid state instead in the price bracket. Don’t get me wrong, the focals still do sound good on a tube, but I just end up preferring them on solid state as it preserves what makes the focal sound special imo. Sometimes I use them on the Linear Tube Audio Microzotl MZ3 which is nice for a change (kinda a tube but different), but it’s not something I would prefer over the solid state options tbh. Eddie current studio t is an amazing pairing for a utopia

2 Likes

Interesting again…that MZ3 looks like a great amp…$3700!!

How long have you had this and what headphones do you like to use with it?

Isn’t the T4 a hybrid? It’s pretty sweet, but I’ve only heard it briefly but not with the clears

I think I’ve had it like almost a year now? Perhaps a bit longer. If you want to see what headphones I use just check my profile (It gets used alot lol)

1 Like

I had a demo T4 sent to me last month for a week…and its the best tube amp I have ever heard, but I dont have access to the many high end tube amps on your list…

I will post a review I did later on it…the magic is the output xfmrs have some of the lowest DC resistance specially made for ECP by Lundahl…its a magical amp.

ECP Audio T4 Review

1 Like

lost…don’t you mean you had ‘Stellia’ results running your Focal headphones on SS and Tube amps? :wink:

1 Like

I wish I had a pair of Stellias!!!

ME TOO!!! best headphones I’ve heard to date.

I do think the Clears run off of the Tuba just fine. Though I feel like I get better results off my Burson C3X, but to be fair it is the newer toy of the two amps.

I picked up a 6XX for tube listening, but I’m considering an ATH R70X to try out as well.

3 Likes

I would like a biodynamic headphone…probably something like the 5200’s from Klipsch.

The D5200 is Denon, you might be thinking of the Klipsch heritage headphones?