Listening to tonight (Part 1)

2 Likes

Galaxy S10e > Car stereo

1 Like

Qobuz > Schiit Bifrost 2 > Bottlehead Crack Speedball > HD650

2 Likes

Qobuz > Schiit Bifrost 2 > Bottlehead Crack Speedball > Sennheiser HD650

3 Likes

Recent discovery a few months back for me as well. Too bad the trumpet player and guitarist decided to leave the band last month.

Qobuz > Schiit Bifrost 2 > Bottlehead Crack Speedball > Sennheiser HD650

2 Likes

Wow, bummer. I read about the trumpet player but I didn’t know about the guitarist leaving as well. That is a big hit. I wonder if they will survive that. That would be a shame if they don’t. But I get it. I had no idea they had been together that long.

Same guy that played both the trumpet and lead guitar for the group and was a founding member. I wonder if some stuff between him and another member/s arose during sessions on the most recent album that caused him to leave so soon after the album drops.

1 Like

I’ve been loving this new Sara Bareilles live album today, recorded at the Hollywood Bowl (and I’m also definitely still in the honeymoon phase with my new Eikons):

Apple Music → Schiit Bifrost 2 → RNHP → ZMF Eikon Marblewood

1 Like

Oh OK. My apologies, I didn’t realize it was the same person! I think it is reasonable to come to such an idea. Perhaps creative differences came into play, or something worse. We may never know. Sounds like the band will continue on, so we will see what comes out of it down the road. In the mean time, there are 4 or 5 albums previous to this new one to enjoy.

1 Like

No apologies needed my op did make it seem like it was two different people. 17 years is long time and people surely change

1 Like

2 Likes

Nice! Mr. EG6, that one inspired me to listen and pick out something from a little later on.

Also check out Roine’s double cutaway Gibson used in the video - as beautiful to look at as it is to hear it played.

edit: actually have the whole album queued - you cant just pick an choose a track - this is def album rock!

2 Likes
1 Like

2 Likes

Nice. I never really watch music videos so it’s fun to see them.

How the hell has Roine managed to be so prolific and so good for so many decades? Okay, maybe the 80s was a bit of a lull, but the original Kaipa stuff was amazing and nearly everything he’s done since the 90s has been quality.

Dude, it’s all album rock to me or nothing. I do some track shuffling on Yahoo Music while I’m making dinner, but it’s all albums, all day for me. It’s been like that since I started seriously listening to music in the 80s.

1 Like

Getting some work done at night…

1 Like

Gonna ramp up my music discovery sessions with an album that’s probably 2-3 years overdue on my mental backlog:

How did I let myself miss out on this??

2 Likes

Qobuz > Schiit Bifrost 2 > Bottlehead Crack Speedball > ZMF Auteur

4 Likes

Wow! am I listening to Dirt 2.0 or what? The old AIC sounds man! it kicks ass

YouTube → ifi ZEN DAC → Final Audio E1000

2 Likes